Final Four Question | The Boneyard

Final Four Question

Reaction Score
I plan on being in New Orleans during the Final Four. On the NCAA site, tickets for both days start at around $537/person. A bit more than I want to pay if I don’t know whether UConn will be there or not. What are the chances of getting a better price if I wait until I am in New Orleans or at least until the final four is determined? I currently have reservations at the Troubadour Hotel - is that a decent hotel? Any advice is appreciated, I will be visiting New Orleans whether I have tickets or not. Thanks.

Reaction Score
It sounds like you are on a third party ticket provider website, possibly primesport, which includes some kind of "official final4 experience." Not sure what that is. If you want lower bowl seats you likely would need to go third party and pay premium prices at this time.

I believe the lower bowl is sold out, but you can get 300 section seats much less expensive if you search via the ncaa axs website.

If you want better seats and are going to NOLA at that time anyway, you can likely get decent tickets for less than premium 3rd party providers from people (non-scalpers) that have extra tix due to friends backing out and are just trying to recoup their cost. Also check back here as the time gets closer as sometimes BY fans have to cancel their trips and are more accommodating as well.

I'm not familiar with The Troubadour Hotel. I've stayed in Sheraton & Westin properties there in the past, but you are smart to make reservations well in advance. Hotel prices definitely are higher during this event time. Try to be within walking distance of the arena as parking & traffic can be expensive & aggravating. Good luck.

Reaction Score
@Amston Joe -Thanks for the info. I started my search at the NCAA site and it sent me to primesport. I’ Give it another try. Thanks again.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yeah, $537 is a 3rd party price or a premium seat. I don't recall what I paid for upper level, but I think it runs about $50 per day, that is, $100 for the weekend. If you insist on prime seats, the price can go up fast--unless you know someone.

New Orleans is a GREAT place to visit, irrespective of the tourney.

Reaction Score
I found the site @Amston Joe stated and got tickets thanks for the info. @MilfordHusky thanks to you too. I have been to NO once and really enjoyed it. I have a friend who lives there who brings me to places a tourist would not usually visit - like out of the way jazz bars. Great place indeed.

Forgot to mention I bought tickets at a considerable savings.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
New Orleans is quite nice. One of my wife's "non-sisters" (she has 2 sisters and 2 "non-sisters" as she calls them) lives there and we visited them for several of their family events before the estrangement.

One of the most interesting things is that they seem to feel that you can get from anywhere to anywhere around the city in about 15 minutes. Of course, he is a business executive in the engineering business and has reserved parking in the French Quarter and other places. Which no doubt helps.

Enjoy. And I rather suspect UConn will be there.

Reaction Score
Yeah, $537 is a 3rd party price or a premium seat. I don't recall what I paid for upper level, but I think it runs about $50 per day, that is, $100 for the weekend. If you insist on prime seats, the price can go up fast--unless you know someone.

New Orleans is a GREAT place to visit, irrespective of the tourney.
I've been to New Orleans so often. That loud voice you hear on Bourbon st is me. Each time I get a number of requestes, often from the managments--but I keep coming back. My Queens NY spouse loves the place.

Reaction Score
New Orleans is quite nice. One of my wife's "non-sisters" (she has 2 sisters and 2 "non-sisters" as she calls them) lives there and we visited them for several of their family events before the estrangement.

One of the most interesting things is that they seem to feel that you can get from anywhere to anywhere around the city in about 15 minutes. Of course, he is a business executive in the engineering business and has reserved parking in the French Quarter and other places. Which no doubt helps.

Enjoy. And I rather suspect UConn will be there.
ve
Uconn SHALL be there and not a viewers. This team has the potential, assuming ONO is all I believe her to be or become, to hang another banner and Geno another ring. The secret of getting there is having been there--who has been there more often??

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
I'd suggest staying at the other end of the quarter - Melrose Mansion is in a great location and has a lot more character than the typical chain hotels. It's near cafe du monde and close to Frenchman - the new Bourbon street. You can get great deals if you book at the right time. It gets expensive around Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest and major holidays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom