Final Bracketology

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wonder what happened that switched Auburn and George Washington

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Robert Morris for the 2nd year in a row at Bridgeport. C'mon. No way.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I wonder what happened that switched Auburn and George Washington
Probably some Auburn parents or boosters got to him.

Will be crazy if a 17-14 team gets in after losing 9 of their last 12.

Reaction Score
What is particularly special is that #15 Albany gets play both Stanford and Maryland. ;) I, too, will be surprised if neither Stanford nor OSU are in the Stockton region. And Baylor should top the Oklahoma city Bracket.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Creme continues to pound the table that NCState is being sent out to Los Angeles. I hope not; we got sent out there in our last NCAAT appearance in 2014 and lost to BYU in the first round.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Bracketology with Charlie Creme

I'll be surprised if Stanford or Oregon St don't end up in Stockton. Who will attend the games if there's not a West Coast team playing
You don't compromise the integrity and balance of the bracket just to put fans in the seats. Neither Stanford nor Oregon State falls in line with the seedings which would place one of them with the last #1 seed (#4 overall seed). I think Crème has it correct. UCLA makes the most sense in Stockton.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Creme continues to pound the table that NCState is being sent out to Los Angeles. I hope not; we got sent out there in our last NCAAT appearance in 2014 and lost to BYU in the first round.
With 8 ACC teams in the tourney, it's tough to try and spread the teams around so only 2 ACC teams are in each region. I guess NC State could go to Columbus, OH instead.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
With 8 ACC teams in the tourney, it's tough to try and spread the teams around so only 2 ACC teams are in each region. I guess NC State could go to Columbus, OH instead.
This is right. The committee is supposed to try to keep conference rivals from meeting before the Elite 8, if possible. If NC State is a 5-seed, that means the committee should try to keep them out of both Louisville's and Notre Dame's regions. That leaves UCLA and Ohio State as their potential hosts. Miami just last year was sent to Stanford, so that might take precedence over what happened in 2014.

Of course, if Creme is off on his seedings or on how the committee groups the top 4 seeds, something different might open up.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I didn't want to start a new thread just to ask this question so I'll ask it here in the Bracketology thread, with just 4 hours to go before the release of the official tournament pairings:

Does the Boneyard do a Bracket challenge, like at Yahoo or ESPN?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I didn't want to start a new thread just to ask this question so I'll ask it here in the Bracketology thread, with just 4 hours to go before the release of the official tournament pairings:

Does the Boneyard do a Bracket challenge, like at Yahoo or ESPN?

Great idea. The boneyard is already the bell cow for WCBB team's chat rooms. If someone where to figure out how to duplicate ESPN's brackets, so that we could fill one here in the yard, that would be a lot of fun for all, and an opportunity for the winner to strut around the yard like a rooster all summer.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great idea. The boneyard is already the bell cow for WCBB team's chat rooms. If someone where to figure out how to duplicate ESPN's brackets, so that we could fill one here in the yard, that would be a lot of fun for all, and an opportunity for the winner to strut around the yard like a rooster all summer.
Like a rooster?!!! How about Howl like a Husky
I know we discuss this ad nauseum and get bent out of shape when the final reveal happens and some team gets put opposite us that we think shouldn't have, but the reality is that for #1 seeds, you get what should be three pretty easy games, and then if seeding holds three really tough games. For 2 and 3 seeds, you get two really easy games and then 4 really tough ones - and whether you are in your own time zone or some other one it really shouldn't matter. UConn has benefitted from playing most of their recent regionals pretty close to home, but that have earned that right during the regular season, and because their fans have proven very reliable driving distance-wise so arenas in the NE have felt comfortable about bidding to host regionals.
The only two teams I thought had a real beef about committee work were UConn and Baylor the two years they were paired with a conference mate they had already played three times during the season/conference tournament. And the coaches who fall into the bitch and moan after a reveal, are the ones whose teams seldom perform up to their seeding.

Reaction Score
Probably some Auburn parents or boosters got to him.

Will be crazy if a 17-14 team gets in after losing 9 of their last 12.
Besides, we want to see Jen's new team get in ...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I know it won't happen. But it would be nice if, after the selection show, the women got (I won't say a half) a third of the post selection coverage and debate shows that the men have already received. ESPN has a 1 hour follow-up show for the women's bracket, that's it. I doubt we'll see another women's selection break-down show before the games begin later this week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom