Final BOX Score | The Boneyard

Final BOX Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Key Stat - Baylor shot around 70% in the second half. No other team has come close to that against UConn.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Key Stat - Baylor shot around 70% in the second half. No other team has come close to that against UConn.

Baylor shot 61% in the 2nd half and UConn shot 53%. For the game Baylor shot 41.7% and UConn shot 45.3%.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we won the battle of the boards for what it's worth

I might suggest a 20-4 free throw advantage didn't help. At the game, it didn't look very consistent, but I didn't have replays

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Tonight, the announcers were spot on in their assessment of the Baylor defense. Baylor defenders were free to step into the passing lanes, because they had Griner as a backstop. Because of this, Baylor was able to take advantage of the lack of sharp passes by UConn.

Watching Baylor tonight just reminded me of watching UCLA and Lew Alcindor of the sixties. Alcindor was head and shoulders above all other college players, and had a strong supporting cast. Basically, they were unbeatable. Griner brings the same domination. Yes, Elvin Hayes and Houston did beat them once, but basically, they were unbeatable.

Reaction Score
They penetrated all night and we relied on 3's. Their guards were too quick and they constantly cut off the passing lanes up top. I thought that Geno figured it out when we got a few back doors at the beginning of the second half, but then Griner kind of took over.

I will say that she got EVERY call down the stretch. I thought that she walked almost every time she took it to the hoop, but it ended up a foul on us.

Geno said after the game that the fans were great, but that the team was not good enough to beat Baylor. At least not yet I suppose.

Odyssey Simms was the difference. No match for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom