Final 4 Dark Horse | The Boneyard

Final 4 Dark Horse

Reaction Score
Interesting that the 2nd guy that writes up Alabama (Norlander) doesn’t even think we will make the tourney!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
By definition a dark horse is a team no one expects to win but if everything breaks right for them in their bracket and everyone plays a little bit better than their norm, they make the FF.

So, I guess UConn fits the definition of a dark horse.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure which one of the 2 opinions I find more laughable

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Gary Parrish males the case for Uconn

Interesting if you look at the coaches of the other two teams on that list, Bama and UT. Two teams similar to us in that you could say they have the players to push top 10 but have really underperformed. Both of their coaches, Beard and Oats, are two that this board and CBB slob in general as two of the best young coaches in the game, and the BY sourpusses act like if we had one of them instead we’d be having a very different season.

Reaction Score
The last 10 tournaments have had an a 11 ( 3 times), 10, 9, 8 (2 times), 7 (3 times), and a 5 make the final four. The deep run by a low seed is becoming a yearly tradition.

Reaction Score
The fact that we beat Auburn shows that we can hang with anybody on a good day.

However, we can also easily lose to anyone in the top 100.
Auburn was without one of their star players, Flanigan, he just returned 11 games ago. He hasn’t been the player he was last year but he’s still a key player in their rotation and might just be adjusting after coming back from his Achilles injury

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UConn shooting 40% from 3 can beat just about anybody. I have very little confidence in our ability to do that several games in a row. That's the challenge really. Would need to win with a poor shooting night a couple of times.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
_2g7xH.gif

Reaction Score
Auburn was without one of their star players, Flanigan, he just returned 11 games ago. He hasn’t been the player he was last year but he’s still a key player in their rotation and might just be adjusting after coming back from his Achilles injury
He hasn't been anywhere close to the same player he was last year. He's been their least impactful rotation player by far. Would be like us trying to us Akok missing from the Villanova game as an excuse

Reaction Score
People keep calling Flanigan a star player and they’re wrong. We need to prove we can do it more often. But stop trying to downplay a VERY impressive win.

Reaction Score
Im glad we still have some fans in the media. But even before the 2 losses I just can't see it. Any game we've played against a legit NCAA team goes down to the wire. Just can't imagine winning 4 games (maybe 5) in a row that are coin flips.

Reaction Score
Im glad we still have some fans in the media. But even before the 2 losses I just can't see it. Any game we've played against a legit NCAA team goes down to the wire. Just can't imagine winning 4 games (maybe 5) in a row that are coin flips.
That’s what makes us a dark horse

Reaction Score
Am I having Deja Vu all over again?

Reaction Score
Seems you missed the 100 thread discussing this, and also proving how false the Flannigan being a key player narrative is. But sure, 101 threads will maybe do the trick.

Reaction Score
Interesting that the 2nd guy that writes up Alabama (Norlander) doesn’t even think we will make the tourney!
Norlander lives and was raised in CT. He hears all the negativity from UConn fans so he's bought into it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom