Final 2023 Rankings: 247 Sports | The Boneyard

Final 2023 Rankings: 247 Sports

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Ross was in 247s biggest risers list. Stewart new edition to the top 50. Ball and Singare drop a few spots.
3 of the top 4 Big East recruits (based on updated 247 rankings) are from UConn. Not bad…

Reaction Score
Love how Castle can get to the basket, he’s a definite NBA player. Ross is a definite sleeper everyone seems to see something there and I like Stewart, he can get buckets.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Final rankings from 247 sports for 2023. A new number 1 player, Ron Holland. UConn players ranked below:

Stephon Castle: 9
Solo Ball: 39
Jaylin Stewart: 50
Jayden Ross: 105
Youssouf Singare: 130

Did they not watch the Iverson Classic?!?!?!

Reaction Score
Love how Castle can get to the basket, he’s a definite NBA player. Ross is a definite sleeper everyone seems to see something there and I like Stewart, he can get buckets.
I see Ross and i see Jeremy Lamb 2.o. I think he is being severely underrated just like JL was. Remember the other Lamb was the one everyone wanted. Turned out pretty well for us.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I keep going back to Ross doing one thing well and that's shooting. If he is a legit 6'8" does he become another Tyler Polley (Preferably a bit better and more consistent)?

If Ross's career mimics Polley's career is that good enough?

Reaction Score
I keep going back to Ross doing one thing well and that's shooting. If he is a legit 6'8" does he become another Tyler Polley (Preferably a bit better and more consistent)?

He'll be much better than Polley. Tyler was the ultimate one trick pony and if we're being honest he was merely just solid at that one trick. Ross will be more than just a shooter in his career, he's a far better athlete than Polley too.

Reaction Score
He'll be much better than Polley. Tyler was the ultimate one trick pony and if we're being honest he was merely just solid at that one trick. Ross will be more than just a shooter in his career, he's a far better athlete than Polley too.
Polley was a great shooter but got so many of his threes just spotting up, trailing the fast break or on kick outs. He was never able to shoot well coming off screens like hawkins learned to do. Hopefully Ross will be able to and probably so because he’s just a better athlete than Polley too.

Reaction Score
Top 25 2023 team classes. UConn #3.

3. UCONN

The class: CG Stephon Castle, SG Solomon Ball, PF Jaylin Stewart, SF Jayden Ross and C Youssouf Singare.

What to expect: Fresh off of their 2023 National Championship, Dan Hurley and Connecticut have a big-time crop of talent headed to Storrs. A big and physical guard, Castle was a McDonald’s All-American and should provide scoring punch at the point of attack. Ball is a tough wing scorer who wields a streaky jump shot and good athleticism. Hailing from Seattle, Stewart is a crafty combo forward who is wired to score from 15 feet and in. As a senior, Ross turned into one of the better three-point shooters in the class of 2023 while Singare is a big man who can protect the rim and rebound while the coaching staff builds him up on the offensive end.

Every member of the group ranks among the top 150 in the class and it’s a good blend of guys who can step in and contribute right away and players who can be developed for a few years down the road.

Reaction Score
Top 25 2023 team classes. UConn #3.

3. UCONN

The class: CG Stephon Castle, SG Solomon Ball, PF Jaylin Stewart, SF Jayden Ross and C Youssouf Singare.

What to expect: Fresh off of their 2023 National Championship, Dan Hurley and Connecticut have a big-time crop of talent headed to Storrs. A big and physical guard, Castle was a McDonald’s All-American and should provide scoring punch at the point of attack. Ball is a tough wing scorer who wields a streaky jump shot and good athleticism. Hailing from Seattle, Stewart is a crafty combo forward who is wired to score from 15 feet and in. As a senior, Ross turned into one of the better three-point shooters in the class of 2023 while Singare is a big man who can protect the rim and rebound while the coaching staff builds him up on the offensive end.

Every member of the group ranks among the top 150 in the class and it’s a good blend of guys who can step in and contribute right away and players who can be developed for a few years down the road.

“Good athleticism” is unfair to Ball

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Polley is so underrated by this board. He was a quality bench shooter most of the time, capable of occasionally winning us a game when he was on fire. Most players never become quality 30 minute per game, borderline NBA players. 2-3 of our recruits will probably have careers very close to Polleys, or worse. I remember when Polley took his Covid year, nobody was upset about it.

Reaction Score

No. Polley had his moments but overall was a guy who played because of necessity not ability. Ross appears to have a lot more to offer with his game than Polley.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
No. Polley had his moments but overall was a guy who played because of necessity not ability. Ross appears to have a lot more to offer with his game than Polley.
He won the award for being the best at his role in the league. He wasn’t multidimensional enough to be a starter on a great team but anyone who thinks he was just serviceable at what he was asked to do is high.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom