Filling The Final Roster Spot (according to Hurley) | The Boneyard

Filling The Final Roster Spot (according to Hurley)

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Lots of speculation on here on who we are going after... obviously doesn't mention anyone specific or rule anything out, but wonder if this means they are looking at another mid-major target or JUCO transfer. Just an interesting nugget.

Reaction Score
Interesting PF instead of C. That must mean the plan is for Whaley to be the primary 5. I'd trust Whaley/Springs over Carlton/Ferguson.
Do people think Whaley is a 4?

Reaction Score
Why not?
Limits us quite a bit offensively. We need spacing and a 4 that can play on the perimeter as well as stretch the floor. If we’re in a bind could we play Whaley & Carlton together? Sure. But late in the season I felt the two on the court at the start of games really hindered what we’re trying to do.

Reaction Score
I. watched the 1999 Championship game last night . It was one of the best coached games I‘ve ever witnessed . It was like watching two chess masters at work. I loved everything they threw at Elton Brand the National player of the year. Holding that team to 40% shooting was the epitome of JC brilliance. That’s team beats the Ga Tech as badly as we did in 2004. Duke even if overrated was an incredible team.
Ricky Moore might have had the single greatest all round game in UConn history.
Everyone remembers the 14 first half points but his defense , rebounding ,getting loose balls and his unquestioned leadership the whole game literally were overlooked by many including me. Twice in the last 10 seconds he created Duke turnovers and tied for most rebounds.
If our free throw shooting wasn’t awful 10-18 vs Dukes 21-27 until very late that game wasn’t as close.
Khalid had a bad game playing only 22 min due to fouls ,minutes but redeemed himself with clutch points mostly at crunch time. Rash and Albert picked it up.
Our bench was a key to the win not only out scoring their bench 17-8 but keeping us fresher. Calhoun played almost everyone including Antric Klaiber.
Albert Morning offensively 3-4 . Wane and Saunders spelling Jake on Brand defensively were huge in the win.
Rip was an absolute killer who Duke never came up with anyone who could defend him.

i forgot one fact according to the announcers we won with our best player in street clothes.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Limits us quite a bit offensively. We need spacing and a 4 that can play on the perimeter as well as stretch the floor. If we’re in a bind could we play Whaley & Carlton together? Sure. But late in the season I felt the two on the court at the start of games really hindered what we’re trying to do.

I agree with you, I don't think we will see many lineups this year with Whaley at the 4 but if we have to go big for defensive purposes I think he is quick enough on the defensive end to play the 4. I'd imagine he would only play the 4 if we ran into a team next year with a massive front court (like a Memphis pre Wiseman departure).

I do think Whaley has also displayed some shooting touch. He currently doesn't have Akok's range (or at least has not shown it in the game), but if he continues to develop his shot who knows...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom