OT: Field of Dreams hosts a big league game! | The Boneyard

OT: Field of Dreams hosts a big league game!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score

I find this very cool. I would hope they are planning to not just build the field for one game but to use the field in the future....for Iowa colleges to play there occasionally....maybe for the state high school finals...heck...just as a tourist attraction for visitors to Iowa.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yes, it’s cool. But indications are that the stands will be temporary. I also wonder why they couldn’t configure the original field from the movie in order to play the game there. Maybe putting a fence in front of the cornfield would be like removing the Ivy at Wrigley Field and covering the brick wall with padding.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes, it’s cool. But indications are that the stands will be temporary. I also wonder why they couldn’t configure the original field from the movie in order to play the game there. Maybe putting a fence in front of the cornfield would be like removing the Ivy at Wrigley Field and covering the brick wall with padding.
Nah leave it without a fence. Fun watching them chase the ball into the corn while the runners round the bases.

And see if they come out of the corn. :eek:

Reaction Score
Just like in the movie.... "If you build it, they will come!"

James Earl Jones' performance in this movie was spectacular!

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Nah leave it without a fence. Fun watching them chase the ball into the corn while the runners round the bases.

And see if they come out of the corn. :eek:
If Aaron Judge really gets ahold of one, the Chisox could just lose an outfielder or two, never to be seen again. :oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom