FIBA World Cup | The Boneyard

FIBA World Cup

Reaction Score
I don't have ESPN+, but watching the live box score updates I saw that Scotty Wilbekin is playing for Turkey against the USA right now...It would be great to see him shut down by Kemba and his nightmare against UCOnn guards continue

Reaction Score
Two extremes. NBA calls everything including breathing on the superstars. FIBA calls nothing if there's no blood.

Reaction Score
For anyone who didn't see it, Tatum was fouled shooting at the buzzer. It was called a 2, but ruled a 3 on review. He made the first and third free throws to force OT.

Reaction Score
Honestly, these rules are patently ridiculous.

You can hammer a guy going to the goal (like the layup before Mitchell's basket interference) but you can't touch a guy at the waist when you're trying to foul him for a time stoppage.

Stupid as hell.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if this team medaled, amazing that all these young guys sat out when they haven't played a meaningful game since college. I guess Rico Hines runs are more relevant in basketball these days.

Reaction Score
Jesus, I watched the fourth quarter on my phone with the sound off. I think it was Mitchell, but I couldn't tell because I'm not familiar with the new numbers, but he made a couple really bad turnovers by driving to the middle of nowhere and throwing desperate jump passes. Kemba was huge on both offense and defense down the stretch in overtime but USA got lucky that Turkey missed 4 free throws in a row.

Kemba was one of the only players that didn't look nervous. In overtime Team USA was very scared to lose and Turkey was crapping their pants when it was time to ice the game at the line.

Reaction Score
Kemba was one of the only players that didn't look nervous. In overtime Team USA was very scared to lose and Turkey was crapping their pants when it was time to ice the game at the line.
Well he is the only great player on the team mixed in with some average to good players (good not great). Where in the world is everyone else? Really don't get the poor turn out.

Reaction Score
Jesus, I watched the fourth quarter on my phone with the sound off. I think it was Mitchell, but I couldn't tell because I'm not familiar with the new numbers, but he made a couple really bad turnovers by driving to the middle of nowhere and throwing desperate jump passes. Kemba was huge on both offense and defense down the stretch in overtime but USA got lucky that Turkey missed 4 free throws in a row.

Kemba still missed quite a few nice looking shots earlier in the game. He and Tatum combined for a nice run of I think 7 pts to bring the US back into it after getting far back at the start of OT. Tatum might be done for the rest of this thing after turning his ankle at the end, but this was a fun watch

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Two extremes. NBA calls everything including breathing on the superstars. FIBA calls nothing if there's no blood.

Tim Duncan vowed to never play fiba games after he 04 Olympics. He was probably targeted by the officials.

Reaction Score
Kemba is pretty much the only player who has tournament/elimination game/championship experience....makes sense that he’s the most comfortable at crunch time....I think he’ll be a global star after this tournament.

Reaction Score
Kemba is pretty much the only player who has tournament/elimination game/championship experience....makes sense that he’s the most comfortable at crunch time....I think he’ll be a global star after this tournament.
What?

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Well he is the only great player on the team mixed in with some average to good players (good not great). Where in the world is everyone else? Really don't get the poor turn out.

Donovan Mitchell is significantly more than 'good'.

Reaction Score
What?
I’m not super familiar with the rest of the team, but does anyone else have any sort of championship ring? Not trying to argue....just seems to me that Kemba has good fortune on tournament settings with the exception of the NBA. Also, the international audience has been enamored with his quickness and shiftiness as well as his humble personality. What’s not to love?

Reaction Score
I know I read an article that said when he came out for the first time in China the crowd went nuts for him and it was very humbling, but I couldn't find a clip.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Donovan Mitchell is significantly more than 'good'.
That may be the case but it would be nice if he played like it. I suspect he was supposed to be a major scorer for them. Mediocre thus far.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That may be the case but it would be nice if he played like it. I suspect he was supposed to be a major scorer for them. Mediocre thus far.

Yeah, that want commentary on his fiba play. Just that, in a vacuum, he's a great player.

Reaction Score
Kemba leading the way again with 15/4/6 over Greek freak and co

They played well today, but both teams missed a ton of open looks.

Starting to think the grind is going to play a big factor the rest of the way. travel halfway across the world and then you play a very physical game once every 2 days. It's tough. And it showed with both teams. Neither had their shooting legs underneath them. With the exception of Kemba.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom