Reaction Score

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Aces players not available for game 1.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, USA up 48-39 at half. . Belgium really hurting US with 3pt shots and more second efforts than I thought. Stewie everywhere including some elite defense but missing quite a few she makes in her sleep.

Anyone with a link to the boxscore?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I do not see Kia Nurse in the Canada Serbia game (or on the bench?) I thought she was announced on the team? :confused:

Reaction Score
Canada came out with an important win against Serbia. Serbia didn't make it easy, as I had expected but Canada was able to maintain the lead, where they may have wilted at the end.

Kia played just under 20 minutes, but she looked great and didn't seem tentative at all. The team seemed a lot more committed to getting the ball into the post for Alexander and Achonwa last night. That wasn't the case the last few years under the previous coach. Looking forward to seeing their next game to see how they do.

Reaction Score
Just peeked at the box score for France and Australia. France leads 50-45 with a minute left in the 3rd.

Lauren Jackson has played about 8 minutes in her return to competition with 3 points. Gabby Williams leads the French team with 16 points in 16 minutes of playing time. Impressive shooting stats for her as well. How she has only 1 free throw attempt is beyond me as I haven't watched the game.

1663847140496.png

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Stewie and Alyssa Thomas were really good for the U.S. against Belgium.
Agree. Jewell and Copper also had key moments during the 30+ minutes they both played (as did Stewie).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
PR with their first ever win in the World Cup. Former Rutgers star Arella Guirantes had 26 points, 9 rebounds, and 8 assists. :cool:
Fantastic game. Also a very good game for Mya Hollingshed. Might get a new shot in WNBA with a good showing after cut from Aces.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
25 assists on 30 baskets is pretty good for team USA that didn't start a true PG and has had limited time together (which is likely represented by the not great 19 turnovers). the defense though was aggressive and for the most part, looked very good. Once Wilson arrives, the team could even play a lineup of 5 players (Wilson, Stewart, Thomas, Laney, Atkins) who have all made a WNBA all defensive first team.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just peeked at the box score for France and Australia. France leads 50-45 with a minute left in the 3rd.

Lauren Jackson has played about 8 minutes in her return to competition with 3 points. Gabby Williams leads the French team with 16 points in 16 minutes of playing time. Impressive shooting stats for her as well. How she has only 1 free throw attempt is beyond me as I haven't watched the game.

View attachment 79235

Gabby was really good shooting with remarkable confidence and some elite drives including a nigh off the basket driving layup. And she runs the show.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Fantastic game. Also a very good game for Mya Hollingshed. Might get a new shot in WNBA with a good showing after cut from Aces.
Arella needs to be given another shot as well. Hurry up with the expansion teams!

Reaction Score
Expansion teams could give some of these players another shot but there's also going to be an influx of elite talent from the college game. This year I thought was a very weak draft. I don't think that will be the case the next 2 years especially.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Arella needs to be given another shot as well. Hurry up with the expansion teams!
Did Gurantes get cut from the Sparks??

Reaction Score
Team USA's defense is currently better than their offense.

Stewie was Stewie, AT was very effective, especially considering she literally just stepped off the plane in Australia.
Copper was a beast on the defensive end. Interesting that Loyd, Atkins, AT etc ran the point. I guess Cheryl trusts them more than Ionescu, at least until Gray and Plum arrive.

Reaction Score
Did Gurantes get cut from the Sparks??

Yeah, I believe kept Lexie Brown, and Rae Burrell instead.

Another Derek Fisher head scratching decision. I really hope the Sparks are making an effort to get the right people into their front office.

Reaction Score
25 assists on 30 baskets is pretty good for team USA that didn't start a true PG and has had limited time together (which is likely represented by the not great 19 turnovers). the defense though was aggressive and for the most part, looked very good. Once Wilson arrives, the team could even play a lineup of 5 players (Wilson, Stewart, Thomas, Laney, Atkins) who have all made a WNBA all defensive first team.
Wilson, Stewie, Thomas, Gray, and Loyd will start. Atkins will be first guard off the bench followed by Plum.
Copper will be the first frontcourt player.
Probably an 8 player rotation depending on matchup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom