Fiba Website - stats | The Boneyard

Fiba Website - stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just want to throw a little praise at FIBA and their web site. I think they do a great job with it. Nice previews, pretty efficient live stats, etc. One page I just spent a few minutes on is the Stats page - really like the filters you can apply and the various stats available.
http://lithuania2013.fiba.com/pages...d/9603/sp/ALL/ss/DD/srid/ALL/top-players.html
One really interesting stat - Stewie leads team USA in minutes played at 23.9 and this ranks tied for 52nd overall for the competition. Morgan is next at #58 and Jones follows at 64. That has to be a big advantage for USA in a competition where you play 10 games in 13 days. Spain is the next closest with their top player at #41 - 25.4 - France and Aus top players are tied #15s at 29.6. I know these folks are young, but it is a lot of BB and having a strong bench and being able to rest (mentally and physically) your top players is a luxury most teams do not have.
Another interesting stat - MoJeff has an astounding 5.2 ATO ratio. She is #14 at 3.7 APG, but by far the best in ATO. (and her AP40 is at 8.2 which also leads the competition.) There are only 4 other players with more than a 1.0 APG who have better than a 2 ATO and three of them are USA teammates.
ATO:
MoJeff - 5.2 (APG 3.7, AP40 8.2)
Gari (ESP) 3.6 (APG 2.3, AP40 4.1)
Green - 2.3 (2.3, 6.5)
Plum - 2.3 (2.0, 5.7)
Harper - 2.2 (3.9, 7.2)
and
Jones - 1.9 (4.5, 8.0) Ranked # 4 in APG and the only other player at or above 8 in AP40)
USA is the best team in terms of ball handling - #1 in: 13.8 TOG, ATO 1.6, and Steals/TO 1.2 - pretty impressive considering how little time they get to practice together.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just noticed that was my 1500 post!:cool: Not a bad one for a milestone.
And just another comment:
Breanna Stewart and Morgan Tuck have both been getting lots of praise (and deservedly) on here for their USA exploits, and lots of anticipation of their performances next year. Moriah Jefferson ... not quite so much. I think the stats above might surprise some folks and point to an impressive performance by her in these games - we have only gotten to watch one game live, but I think she was the best guard on the floor against AUS - maybe not stats wise, but in terms of leading her team and directing the offense. There is a reason coach played her more than any other guard and second most on the team behind Breanna

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Yeah, Moriah has done some great stuff. I think she has been very impressive! She has run the offense well, played GREAT defense and made some key buckets. We are so lucky to have these three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom