Few things I heard on Boomer and Carton this morning | The Boneyard

Few things I heard on Boomer and Carton this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1) I know Carton is more of an act than an actual sports talk host but as a Cuse grad he said he was sick of Boeheim cheating and he wants him fired immediately. He mentioned it two or three times when I listened this morning.

2) He mentioned how Calhoun was a cheater like the Squid... Which kinda ticked me off because they are not even comparable.

3) Wally Sczerbiak was on and he is such a tool

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The sooner we all realize that every program has broken or breaks the rules (or at least bends the interpretation of them) and that the NCAA as it currently operates is a complete joke, the sooner we'll be able to move on with enjoying actual basketball.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He goes out of his way most of the time to say things that generate ratings. Calling Calhoun a cheater and saying Boeheim should be fired are sexy headlines. He clearly graduated from the Mike Francessa School of Radio.

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
Even the great John Wooden looked the other way when his players hung around Sam Gilbert.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with teams doing what they have to do to win as long as it's not too over the line. What are the worst things Calhoun has done? Nate Miles? Fine but he never played a game so who cares. Kirk King and Rickey Moore getting plane tickets? Yawn and not Jim's fault. You have teams who have won National Titles in football that needed to vacate it due to an ineligible players, literally wasting entire seasons. Basketball teams have had Final Fours and Runner Up finishes vacated.

What other examples are there of cheating under Jim? Seeing they throw that term around shouldn't they give examples? When you have programs like Duke and UNC having ESPN drool over you every year and you have 8 All Americans on their roster every year and they can play in North Carolina in the tournament every year I could care less if a coach wants to schedule Rudy Gay's AAU team in order to get an edge.

Reaction Score
Hey I have been probably tougher on Calhoun than most people on this board, but it isn't even close between him and Calipari or Calhoun and Boeheim....those two are slum lords of the first order. Until word comes out that George Blaney has been diddling little boys and guys have been playing after failing drug tests (and we know from several high profile incidents that hasn't been the case...see Wiggins, Doug, and others, you'll never convince me that boeheim isn't in a catagorey of slime all his own. Known it for a while. Now it is becoming general knowlege.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom