Festivus in July. Airing grievances (kind of) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Festivus in July. Airing grievances (kind of)

Reaction Score
I tend not to post too extreme stuff, so I'm not sure what jumps out as "so wrong". I panicked a little bit when Floyd and Akok transferred out, especially when the rumors were swirling that Johnson might as well. That ended up working out pretty, pretty well.

I defended the Charlotte organization when Bouk got drafted there. That's gone about as poorly as possible.

Reaction Score
I tend not to post too extreme stuff, so I'm not sure what jumps out as "so wrong". I panicked a little bit when Floyd and Akok transferred out, especially when the rumors were swirling that Johnson might as well. That ended up working out pretty, pretty well.

I defended the Charlotte organization when Bouk got drafted there. That's gone about as poorly as possible.
I may not have posted on that topic but i remember when Floyd left, calling my dad and saying "they're all jumping ship" and then cursing the transfer portal up and down. The same portal that helped us get #5.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

You were just running numbers.

Reaction Score
I may have wanted Hurley fired at halftime of the Iona game but I’m pretty sure most of us were thinking the same. I just happened to be the one who started the thread. You’re welcome.
If we expand this to dumb things people have said in the live game chat, we may run out of space

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Im all for honesty, and this is a good thread. The fact of the matter is that if you don't have a bad take on the yard, you're not a 'yarder.
This Is The Way. I Have Spoken!

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
In the Little Feat song Willin' I always thought the chorus went "give me wheat, rice, and wine."

Shrugs.

(Because apparently this thread has become a confessional of hot takes, rather than an airing of grievances.)
A thread on song lyrics sung incorrectly would be fun.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Honestly don't have a ton of bad ones, but one that sticks out was saying we have a solid, dependable QB in Cody Endres. I also thought Shirreffs and Whitmer would find homes in pro ball mostly based on their survival instincts and pain tolerance.

Now, if I were to go full Nelson, I'd remind everyone that I did post that Rudy Gay would never win a championship. And almost 20 years later, I'm still right on that one.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
That The Librarian didn't stand a chance in hell

Reaction Score
Probably saying that the 2011 team and Kemba had been completely exposed and were going nowhere in the postseason after going 4-7 down the stretch.
There were many off that bandwagon but not Makers Muppet!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I said we were "DOOMED" during this years tournament.
Memorial Day Thank You GIF by StickerGiant

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I doubted Tristen Newton. And for that, I'll be forever shameful.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Many bad takes. Also a short memory, so I don't know what they were. Feel free to remind me. I don't mind owning them. I go for the baseball average where .333 is excellent.

As for grievances, the tendency of people to just spout off the most ridiculous things in the chat gets really old. It's like the ultra bad take machine. Player A trips -> "OMG! Player A is less coordinated than a blind, three legged Chihuahua! Bench him for the season!"

Reaction Score
Not a take but I walked out of the XL early against St Johns. Before Sanogo ejection for sure, I missed that.

:/

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom