Festivus in July. Airing grievances (kind of) | The Boneyard

Festivus in July. Airing grievances (kind of)

Reaction Score
There have been some bad takes over the years. But the first step is admitting you have a problem. What is the worst take you've ever put in the yard?
This is an exercise to come to terms with your demons.
Like my recent prediction:

that Xavier will win the big east next year and georgetown will finish 6th.

Or maybe THIS very thread. Might be my worst take yet.

Might turn out to be a pretty bad take.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In the Little Feat song Willin' I always thought the chorus went "give me wheat, rice, and wine."

Shrugs.

(Because apparently this thread has become a confessional of hot takes, rather than an airing of grievances.)

Last edited:

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I may have wanted Hurley fired at halftime of the Iona game but I’m pretty sure most of us were thinking the same. I just happened to be the one who started the thread. You’re welcome.

CL82

Reaction Score
I may have wanted Hurley fired at halftime of the Iona game but I’m pretty sure most of us were thinking the same. I just happened to be the one who started the thread. You’re welcome.

Thinking No GIF by Audacy

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Honestly, I've had an extraordinary year. I knew Mora was going to be a home run. I was a total Hurley supporter from the beginning and was never shy about telling the Hurley haters that they had it wrong. I started revving up the MBB bandwagon in November. My main concern now is sustaining the excellence.

CL82

Reaction Score
Honestly, I've had an extraordinary year. I knew Mora was going to be a home run. I was a total Hurley supporter from the beginning and was never shy about telling the Hurley haters that they had it wrong. I started revving up the MBB bandwagon in November. My main concern now is sustaining the excellence.
Nelson?

Reaction Score
Another bad take by thinking you weren't the only one. It was just you!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Me berating the poster who said last year's team was his favorite all-time Husky team around the midpoint of the season.
BERATING! BERATING! This is how things are done on the Women's Forum! Move this post there. In this forum we skin people alive before putting them through the wood chipper.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That was not the way then and this is not the way now!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
During our 6 losses in an 8 game stretch in January I posted, in the heat of the moment after a loss, that Hurley wasn't the guy to be able to get us back to the top of the peak. I was embarrassed and ashamed shortly after posting it, but not as embarrassed and ashamed as when someone here called me out for it after we won it all. I deserved to wear it so I'm not complaining.

Reaction Score
Probably saying that the 2011 team and Kemba had been completely exposed and were going nowhere in the postseason after going 4-7 down the stretch.

Reaction Score
During our 6 losses in an 8 game stretch in January I posted, in the heat of the moment after a loss, that Hurley wasn't the guy to be able to get us back to the top of the peak. I was embarrassed and ashamed shortly after posting it, but not as embarrassed and ashamed as when someone here called me out for it after we won it all. I deserved to wear it so I'm not complaining.
You were not alone. There was a rash of these posts, all year long. Pretty much until he held the cut net in his hands.

Reaction Score
That was an awful stretch for a team with that much talent
The previous extreme position of UConn is a competitive NBA team before the reality of the Big East set in or the converse .
Hurley is a Bum who should be hired during the bad stretch are positions that will always come back to bite you .
Being disappointed in our Big East performance and pointing to the facts that up until this year are post season performances were horrible are Legitimate criticisms . Those kind of statements simply being true should never bother you .
I knew we had weaknesses that could be exploited and we would probably lose 3-4 Big East games going in but 2-3 additional losses were total disappointments
The problems became apparent in the crazy wins against Georgetown and a fair Villanova team . Thankfully I watched that game on the flight home and out of respect for my fellow passengers ( TSA punishment) my audible coaching was contained including my extensive vocabulary of expletives. This mild mannered old man disguised as a rstional basketball fan really becomes a raving lunatic at game time .
Seriously if you weren’t critical of our Big East play . Then you failed to grasp that we had two of the best 5 ‘s in the country , who has that luxury . A lottery pick at the Three . A stud redshirt freshman at the 4 . A generational athlete and defensive legend in Jackson plus , transfers that included an all AAC guard plus a bench capable of scoring points in bunches , who when they put it together were the best team in the country , than you’re just a pimp. I like to think our constructive criticism helped that team to win a NC .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom