Felicia Aiyoetan diagnosed with Marfan Syndrome | The Boneyard

Felicia Aiyoetan diagnosed with Marfan Syndrome

Reaction Score
So sad, at least treatments are getting better. A friend of mind has this and she is doing really well. Best wishes to this young lady.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Whenever I hear of Marfan syndrome, I can't help but think of Flo Hyman, the volleyball legend who died after collapsing during a match in Japan. At first she was reported to have suffered a heart attack. The cause was later revealed to be an aortic dissection brought on by undiagnosed Marfan syndrome.

We can certainly be grateful that Felicia's condition was caught in time. Her letter to Virginia fans is heartrending, but it also reveals her character and the support she's found through her basketball journey, which will hopefully help her navigate both the illness and her new direction in life.

Reaction Score
Whenever I hear of Marfan syndrome, I can't help but think of Flo Hyman, the volleyball legend who died after collapsing during a match in Japan. At first she was reported to have suffered a heart attack. The cause was later revealed to be an aortic dissection brought on by undiagnosed Marfan syndrome.

We can certainly be grateful that Felicia's condition was caught in time. Her letter to Virginia fans is heartrending, but it also reveals her character and the support she's found through her basketball journey, which will hopefully help her navigate both the illness and her new direction in life.
I couldn’t agree with your comments more. I cried upon reading her letter. I saw her at a UVA football game a couple of weeks ago and she acted fine. Wonder when she found out?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Very sad to hear. I wish her the very best.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm sorry to hear that. I've been following her since her freshman year and thought she had a lot of potential.

Reaction Score
Most unfortunate for this young lady. I hope UVA can find a way for her to continue her education.

Reaction Score
Most unfortunate for this young lady. I hope UVA can find a way for her to continue her education.

I was wondering about that myself. Will the university allow her to keep her scholarship??

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was wondering about that myself. Will the university allow her to keep her scholarship??
Most athletic scholarships are renewed at the conclusion of the season for the following year. For Fee that would have been last April. This being her senior year I'm pretty sure UVA will allow her to complete her studies. Good luck to her and God bless.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom