Feinberg Names Names on Year End Awards | The Boneyard

Feinberg Names Names on Year End Awards

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It really is a decent analysis. The one thing I find surprising is that Feinberg doesn't automatically pencil in Plum for NPOY, indicating a closer race between Plum, Mitchell, Wilson, Gabby, Pheesa & Lou. Sounds like a pretty good AA team to me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We have 3 players in the running and they all return next year. Hmmm, maybe we'll be pretty good this year.

This is noteworthy: Freshman Sabrina Ionescu already owns the Oregon career record for triple-doubles with four this season. Impressive!

Reaction Score
Feinberg: "COACH: The favorite and overwhelming choice is UConn’s Geno Auriemma. No one, including him, expected the Huskies to keep their winning streak going this season after the top-ranked team graduated three of the best players in school history. Yet, here they are, 29-0 with a 104 consecutive victories. This might be Auriemma’s best coaching job in a long while."

Best coaching job "in a long while"? No, "ever." Even for the Great Geno Auriemma, this season represents his finest coaching job ever. He's even surpassed his own expectations. This season has been nothing short of amazing. Just look at all the top basketball programs that lined up to take on UConn after the Big Three left, having refused to play him before this season. Yet home or away, UConn defeated all of them. And without a real post player, without a starting front court player taller than 6'1" (KLS is more of a guard), having lost its top three scorers from the previous season, and with only one freshman coming in to contribute seriously, and she having been lost to the team for long stretches due to injury.

Best coaching job of his career. Hands down.

Reaction Score
I agree this is a pretty decent article. Geno Is COY by miles, Plum should be NPOY but he does mention other good possibilities. Joyner Holmes is my FYOY but that's just my two cents.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom