Feels like the program regressed this season. | The Boneyard

Feels like the program regressed this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Jalen and Enoch showed progress throughout the season. There's a light at the end of this tunnel.

Brodog16

Alzheimer's sucks
Reaction Score
Well... Crap?y conference and getting blown out in a "billboard" game. Not pleased at all.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Agreed, I feel like we've slowly submitted to the clutches of the AAC

Reaction Score
This team has got worse all season. The assistant coaches are all awful. The head coach has 2 years of experience. We have a team of transfers. Its just all ill advised.

Reaction Score
Yep. Makes me wanna throw up. If CBB wasnt so weak this year, we would be on the outsidr of the tourney looking in right now.

Reaction Score
hate to say it but the longer we are in this conference the worse it will get. There is no buzz anymore for these games and it doesnt seem like the team gives a crap either.

Reaction Score
Miller has improved since he got here. We would be in deep poo without him. I can't believe he has the highest scoring avg. he has more than done his part.

Adams has gotten better even though KO doesn't seem to trust him. Big problem on o is that others don't move without the ball.

Enoch has gotten better. We shouldn't need a frosh center with 3 upper class men ahead of him but thankfully he has improved enough to be a help when he is in.

That's it. Everyone else can play when there is no pressure or when they are not guarded but don't understand team basketball.

Brodog16

Alzheimer's sucks
Reaction Score
Look, I love the Team...but. When do I go from Debbie Downer to Carrie Quitter?? I hope a win on Saturday gives us a springboard into the AAC tourney and beyond!

Reaction Score
Look, I love the Team...but. When do I go from Debbie Downer to Carrie Quitter?? I hope a win on Saturday gives us a springboard into the AAC tourney and beyond!

Why even bother? You seem to have made up your mind.

Reaction Score
At this point all we can do is hope that this pathetic stretch doesn't do long-term damage to our program.

Hopefully it will just be a matter of jettisoning the chaff on the roster, bringing in top recruits, and making the necessary changes to the coaching staff.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I mentioned this in one if the other threads.

No one on this team has improved this year skillwise.

No one who has been on the team since the start of the 2014-2015 season has improved.

The team hasn't jelled or improved either of the past two seasons.

Ooponents within the AAC have adapted to UConn better than UConn has adapted to them.

A major shake up of the staff is warranted.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
The way I see it is this years roster is the final remnant of our recruiting restrictions. There's Some filler , patch work and reaches that wouldn't be there under normal circumstances. Next years incoming kids won't be reaches or last minute filler and things should get back to normal. That's all I got.

Reaction Score
The way I see it is this years roster is the final remnant of our recruiting restrictions. There's Some filler , patch work and reaches that wouldn't be there under normal circumstances. Next years incoming kids won't be reaches or last minute filler and things should get back to normal. That's all I got.
Yeah but I don't know what normal is. I'm referring moreso to recent conference play as a barometer.

Reaction Score
If anyone watched SMU Pass the ball around and get easy shots and saw our offense what else is there to say? It's like our guys are a freakin' CYO team. I really mean that.

Brodog16

Alzheimer's sucks
Reaction Score
Why even bother? You seem to have made up your mind.
I am still watching this game and will watch every minute of my team's season. So I posted that I am not sure where this team is going. Do you have a clue where our Huskies are going? They spit the bit at SMU but they could win they AAC tourney. Why attack me instead of talking about their performance today? I have read your posts for quite a while and you are much better than your post. Peace!

Reaction Score
It's a good and fair point, I really like the kids coming in next year. It's time for the coaches, especially the one at the top to start earning their money though.

Reaction Score
Players have gotten better. They haven't improved as much as we would have hoped, but they have definitely gotten better. Purvis is a more efficient scorer, better facilitator, and much improved free throw shooter. D-Ham has improved immensely at the line and improved as a defender. Brimah's improvement has been less substantial because of the injury, but his rebounding rate is up and his stats across the board likely would be on par or better than they were his sophomore year if not for the bandage he wore on his hand for the first five games or so after he came back.

This team isn't as good as we want them to be, but they're still better than they were last year, and that team had Ryan Boatright on it.

None of this negates the valid question of why some of them are not developing at an appropriate rate, but there is no need to exaggerate to make a point.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Yeah but I don't know what normal is. I'm referring moreso to recent conference play as a barometer.
Normal meaning we need more than one point guard on the team. It's our identity since AJ Price to have 2-3 playmaking ball handlers on the team with at least two of them in the starting line up. We win with ballhandlers that have a slight Napoleon complex. We now have multiple combo guards playing
" hot potato " at the end of games we should've won.

Reaction Score
hate to say it but the longer we are in this conference the worse it will get. There is no buzz anymore for these games and it doesnt seem like the team gives a crap either.

So true. Conference realignment - and UConn getting squeezed out by BCU and ESPN - has sent this program into a gradual death spiral. Football & Men's Basketball can't even be the Big Dog in this conference. Cincy manhandles the Huskies. So does Temple. And Houston, SMU and South Florida are just a few stumbles away from passing UConn.

The end will come when Geno leaves the program. The women's program will start its decline - gradual at first, then more pronounced as time goes on. Think that's not possible? Remember when UCLA was winning NCs year after year? Last one was 21 years ago and they don't make many Final Fours anymore either.

Reaction Score
So true. Conference realignment - and UConn getting squeezed out by BCU and ESPN - has sent this program into a gradual death spiral. Football & Men's Basketball can't even be the Big Dog in this conference. Cincy manhandles the Huskies. So does Temple. And Houston, SMU and South Florida are just a few stumbles away from passing UConn.

The end will come when Geno leaves the program. The women's program will start its decline - gradual at first, then more pronounced as time goes on. Think that's not possible? Remember when UCLA was winning NCs year after year? Last one was 21 years ago and they don't make many Final Fours anymore either.

And with this post I shall sleep now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc