Feel so bad for boat | The Boneyard

Feel so bad for boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
he comes back to improve his draft stock, which he has done, but for the team to play like this around him has to be so emotionally draining. I give him the biggest props and will make sure to be loud at his senior day

Reaction Score
This is the worst team since dream season. The loss in front of a joke of a home crowd illustrates the absolute lack of any kind of toughness. You can put to conf tournament in gampel they play like this they are one and done in a mid major AAC tournament

Reaction Score
He seems to have a trend of playing terrible for the first 34 minutes, and then going off when it's too late and the game is out of reach.

Reaction Score
He doesn't make every play and his missed free throws are really a factor in the 2 losses at Gampel and affected the game today but who else is taking any level of responsibility out there? KO better keep recruiting hard because there are players getting time this year that should see a lot less of it next year.

Reaction Score
Boat is part of the problem. He is a 2 guard but awful pg. Not a great leader. The team mirrors his personality. This team would be much better with boat at the 2 and Sam at pg. Just let him be responsible for scoring which is what he is good at and wants. He misses open guys especially face way ahead of his guy way too many times.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
With Boat at the 2 or on the bench, how would we ever get the ballup the court?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Boat is part of the problem. He is a 2 guard but awful pg. Not a great leader. The team mirrors his personality. This team would be much better with boat at the 2 and Sam at pg. Just let him be responsible for scoring which is what he is good at and wants. He misses open guys especially face way ahead of his guy way too many times.
Do you watch boatright? He has a calm demeanor, you can see him talking to the players and trying to explain what to do. Just because he doesn't hell doesn't mean he isn't a leader

Reaction Score
This is the first full year Boat is playing the point. Taliek, Marcus, AJP, Kemba and Bazz had multiple years to master the position.

Playing it for spot duty is not the same as being a multi-year full time general especially when inheriting a dysfunctional group of inexperienced soldiers.

He's one of the few on this team who I see trying like hell not to lose, late game or not. He is not the problem!

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Do you watch boatright? He has a calm demeanor, you can see him talking to the players and trying to explain what to do. Just because he doesn't hell doesn't mean he isn't a leader

Fully agree
I think that Boat is reacting to how Bazz would get in his face and he knows how that felt so he might be taking a different route.
There is way too much on his shoulders
As a point he is supposed to get his team mates involved.
Posters want him to go full bore self offense both halves, 100% of the time.
If he did that he would be exhausted and if he spends time on bench - who is going to bring the ball up?
There is more pressure on Boat this year than any single Husky I can remember in the recent past

Reaction Score

I watch the games for decades. He has no clue how to run an offense. He is tentative. Doesn't know if he should pass or shoot. When the game is out of reach it is easier for him because there is no decision to be made. He can just score. Love boat. But not a leader or pg

Reaction Score
Rdm203 said:
I watch the games for decades. He has no clue how to run an offense. He is tentative. Doesn't know if he should pass or shoot. When the game is out of reach it is easier for him because there is no decision to be made. He can just score. Love boat. But not a leader or pg

Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Nobody can throw it in the ocean, which allows the teams to key on him. When guys are shooting 25% he's gotta start taking tough shots, which is what happened throughout today's game. Eventually he started making them but too little too late.

Reaction Score

You are totally right we should hire you to replace Ollie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom