Feel better tonight than I did on Sunday | The Boneyard

Feel better tonight than I did on Sunday

Reaction Score
A couple of reasons why:

First, as of right now, I think Buffalo is better than UF. That probably won't be true in February. Sunday's game, to me, felt like two flawed teams trying not to give the game to each other.

Second, tonight felt much more like we took the win. I didn't think UF played all that well on Sunday, and we got some very fortunate bounces including a few cheap fouls on Blackshear. Tonight, we went out and made plays, both on offense and defense. You could see the confidence growing as that happened.

Reaction Score
I could see it on their faces tonight, that "Hey, winning is super fun" look. They are getting used to doing it. I still expect some bumps, but they know what it takes to close out teams now, they did it twice in a row They might slip up, but I have much less doubt now.

Reaction Score
A couple of reasons why:

First, as of right now, I think Buffalo is better than UF. That probably won't be true in February. Sunday's game, to me, felt like two flawed teams trying not to give the game to each other.

Second, tonight felt much more like we took the win. I didn't think UF played all that well on Sunday, and we got some very fortunate bounces including a few cheap fouls on Blackshear. Tonight, we went out and made plays, both on offense and defense. You could see the confidence growing as that happened.
Much better, away from home is a lot different and we got a lot of answers tonight.

Reaction Score
What I liked? Didn't seem like everyone was waiting for someone else to make a play. Seemed to flow naturally.

Reaction Score
I also liked the mental toughness they displayed. In past years, guys like Johnson and Segu (total $$&+head, by the way) screaming and flexing would have had us intimidated. We dealt with the adversity, and the other side's emotion, much better than in our recent past.

Reaction Score
I also liked the mental toughness they displayed. In past years, guys like Johnson and Segu (total $$&+head, by the way) screaming and flexing would have had us intimidated. We dealt with the adversity, and the other side's emotion, much better than in our recent past.
Yeah segu is a clown. He was quiet most of second half. Overflexing Everytime he made a shot. Like zeke Elliot everytime he has a 7 yard gain. So obnoxious

Reaction Score
What I like about this team is the multiple weapons on offense. Last year it was Jalen Adams, AG, Vital and sometimes Carlton or Polley.

Now it is Vital, Carlton, Akok, B. Adams, Bouk and Polley as bona fide scoring threats as well as AG when he gets out of his funk. Then maybe some secondary scoring from Wilson, Whaley or Gaffney. More scoring threats creates more opportunities as the defense is stretched.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Yeah segu is a clown. He was quiet most of second half. Overflexing Everytime he made a shot. Like zeke Elliot everytime he has a 7 yard gain. So obnoxious

Like CV? haha I like Segu, he can ball.

Reaction Score
Buffalo is a pretty good team from what I saw last night, and that gives me hope. Tonight if we win or this game stays competitive all the way I would say we should be pumped up for our prospects this year. You can tell very early. Last year by Dec 20th I knew we were toast.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like what we've seen the last two games, but I feel as if there's the potential for a [inexplainable] loss. We've got a lot of guys who can produce but no clear roles yet. PG depth took a big step forward, but BA and Gaffney are still learning that role. Yes, there's a lot of potential weapons, but there are a lot of vulnerabilities.

(Yeah, the last few years have taken a toll on my psyche a little bit.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like what we've seen the last two games, but I feel as if there's the potential for a loss. We've got a lot of guys who can produce but no clear roles yet. PG depth took a big step forward, but BA and Gaffney are still learning that role. Yes, there's a lot of potential weapons, but there are a lot of vulnerabilities.

There are still major gaps. We're better, but I think that this is a bubble team at best. There are going to be down periods this year.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I like what we've seen the last two games, but I feel as if there's the potential for a [inexplainable] loss. We've got a lot of guys who can produce but no clear roles yet. PG depth took a big step forward, but BA and Gaffney are still learning that role. Yes, there's a lot of potential weapons, but there are a lot of vulnerabilities.

We've already had one inexplicable loss. There's gonna be a few more. We are a limited team (that's ok).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom