Feds tell Louisville it can conduct an internal inquiry and consider reinstating Brian Bowen (Greer) | The Boneyard

Feds tell Louisville it can conduct an internal inquiry and consider reinstating Brian Bowen (Greer)

Reaction Score

>>Attorney Jason Setchen said Thursday that federal authorities have advised Louisville it is now free to investigate and can consider the reinstatement of Bowen because he is clear of "investigative impediments" previously placed by the FBI and the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York.<<

They got what they needed...

Reaction Score
I would assume this has nothing to do with NCAA rules which presumably would still make him ineligible

Article cites Cam Newton case:
>>Stuart Brown, an Atlanta-based attorney experienced with eligibility issues, said it is not the NCAA’s policy to punish athletes for their relatives' actions and predicted that Bowen was likely to gain reinstatement based on the evidence that has surfaced so far.<<

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
>>Stuart Brown, an Atlanta-based attorney experienced with eligibility issues, said it is not the NCAA’s policy to punish athletes for their relatives' actions and predicted that Bowen was likely to gain reinstatement based on the evidence that has surfaced so far.<<

Yeah - the kid reaped ZERO benefits, no money no car NOTHING

Reaction Score
I would assume this has nothing to do with NCAA rules which presumably would still make him ineligible
Actually, Louisville will determine that Bowen is currently suspended which means he's not an athlete. So the benefits were provided to a non-athlete. Therefore, this is an academic / legal issue, not an athletic one and the NCAA has no jurisdiction. Welcome back Master Bowen!

Reaction Score
They changed the Cam Newton rule. He's not going to be eligible, at least not for the full season.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I’m quite sure Louisville will take the honorable road, investigate fully and make Bowen ineligible if there is even a smidgen of corruption.

Not.

Reaction Score
Didn't Boat have to sit games because his mom got plane tickets?

How the hell is this any different.

>>“I would suspect the young man would get reinstated with some repayment and community service stipulations and some meaningful withholding (from competition), but certainly not a whole season,” Brown said. “That’s presuming that the institution decides that a violation occurred.

“... I’d be very surprised if there were permanent ineligibility.”<<
They changed the Cam Newton rule.
Yup - the full reference and noted change is in the article.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reggie Bush?

So now you are allowed to pay parents of a player?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Didn't Boat have to sit games because his mom got plane tickets?

How the hell is this any different.
First thing that came to mind. Coach that was a long time friend of Boats mom too.

Reaction Score
Sure, but Bowen's absolutely eligible to transfer to UNC with full credits after not attending classes for a month.

Well other regular students transfer and they're eligible immediately, so that makes sense.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Actually, Louisville will determine that Bowen is currently suspended which means he's not an athlete. So the benefits were provided to a non-athlete. Therefore, this is an academic / legal issue, not an athletic one and the NCAA has no jurisdiction. Welcome back Master Bowen!
See now that's UNC grade thinking right there.

Reaction Score
Whooosh ... the sound of the facetious remark sailing over the head of @auror

Since I was sarcastically continuing your UNC joke, I think maybe you are the one getting wooshed here... I will admit to it not being an especially good joke, but yeah.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom