FedEx backs Memphis with big NIL | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FedEx backs Memphis with big NIL

Reaction Score
That's exactly my point. Can Michigan support the financial commitment to be competitive given where big-time college athletics is headed? Probably.

Northwestern, Vanderbilt, BC, etc.......? I'm not so sure. If not, they will be relegated to a non-competitive status and eventually have to ask is competing at that level worth it and core to their mission.

I think that Vandy and BC already are not really competitive with the top 50 football programs.

Vandy can't really compete in their conference...they have won a total of six conference games over the last six seasons.

BC has not been above .500 in conference since joining the ACC.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
That's exactly my point. Can Michigan support the financial commitment to be competitive given where big-time college athletics is headed? Probably.

Northwestern, Vanderbilt, BC, etc.......? I'm not so sure. If not, they will be relegated to a non-competitive status and eventually have to ask is competing at that level worth it and core to their mission.
Michigan can absolutely keep pace. There are so many big alumni donors that they can just go back to them. Michigan students and alumni take great pride in their athletic teams. When they are successful, there are more donations to both the athletic fund and the general fund.

The University is fairly self sustaining. In fact, a few years ago, the Michigan House of Representatives was all up in arms over their admissions policies. They threatened to cut all state funding if they didn’t change it. UM said fine, cut it. We don’t need it.

The biggest drawback for Michigan is its transfer policy. Many universities undergraduate classes won’t be accepted by Michigan. Thats why you usually only see grad transfers in their portal. Obviously certain schools will transfer over, but the majority do not. It’s been a sticking point for many fans. The Michigan Arrogance …. Er …. Difference.

Reaction Score
The Ivies have billions and billions of dollars and unlimited backing of billionaires which they tend to reproduce. They don't need to play the game. They automatically have branding. No others will catch up to them financially.
It's nice to see some of the billionaires pulling their donations from the Ivy League schools, I wish they would all pledge to stop giving to them and put their money elsewhere.

Reaction Score
It's nice to see some of the billionaires pulling their donations from the Ivy League schools, I wish they would all pledge to stop giving to them and put their money elsewhere.
Good time to approach Robert Kraft. He has helped us in the past has some free cash flow at this time.

Reaction Score
Michigan can absolutely keep pace. There are so many big alumni donors that they can just go back to them. Michigan students and alumni take great pride in their athletic teams. When they are successful, there are more donations to both the athletic fund and the general fund.

The University is fairly self sustaining. In fact, a few years ago, the Michigan House of Representatives was all up in arms over their admissions policies. They threatened to cut all state funding if they didn’t change it. UM said fine, cut it. We don’t need it.

The biggest drawback for Michigan is its transfer policy. Many universities undergraduate classes won’t be accepted by Michigan. Thats why you usually only see grad transfers in their portal. Obviously certain schools will transfer over, but the majority do not. It’s been a sticking point for many fans. The Michigan Arrogance …. Er …. Difference.

I have no doubt that Michigan will keep pace. That said, academics are going to be further and further removed from big-time college athletics. This is a professional sports franchise model and with the money involved universities that play at that level are not going to let academics get in the way of securing talent.

Sorry, QB1 can't play in the CFPO because his GPA missed the mark........it's laughable to think that is even remotely a possiblity.

Reaction Score
I'm sure it is only temporary based on current events. They will all be back in the fold.

Reaction Score
Good time to approach Robert Kraft. He has helped us in the past has some free cash flow at this time.
Kraft is a BCU guy. He was a trustee until the rub & tug scandal. Jonathan replaced him on the board along with his wife and their son was on the football team.

Reaction Score
The entire NIL is a complete mess. I just hope the B1G and the SEC don’t destroy college basketball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom