February: Update on former players | The Boneyard

February: Update on former players

Reaction Score
For highlighting what former players are doing in the month of February

Reaction Score
BA with a smooth 35 points for GW. So nice to see everything click for him this year
Averaging a career high in points 16.9 (previous high of 8.2); Rebounds 4.6 (prev. 3.7) Assists 2.6 (prev 2.1)

Most impressive improvement has been overall efficiency though, having a career shooting year @ .463 2 pt/.376 3pt/ .851 Foul line.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
BA with a smooth 35 points for GW. So nice to see everything click for him this year
Averaging a career high in points 16.9 (previous high of 8.2); Rebounds 4.6 (prev. 3.7) Assists 2.6 (prev 2.1)

Most impressive improvement has been overall efficiency though, having a career shooting year @ .463 2 pt/.376 3pt/ .851 Foul line.

Next year when Adams and Stetson Bennett star in the remake of Grumpy Old Men, I'm watching it.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Set the school record with 9 made 3s!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
back to the winning for fau. jalen near top of minutes for the team, led both teams in assists. 9-2 on the road. 18 net, 12 rpi, 22-2.
rice, 12-8, comes in tonight.

Reaction Score
Set the school record with 9 made 3s!

really happy for Brendan. Sometimes a fresh start and new location with a more compatible system is what is needed. There was a very little chance Brendan was going to be performing like that at UConn.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
near top minutes, espn highlight video of his 'sweet dime' to goldin.
23-2. they may hit 30 wins after their first league tourney game.
jmoney. looks like they'll be top 25 soon, as they were 26 in the last one.
good game. there are a lot of teams out there that can fill it up this year.
overall, el stinko since it appears that d is forgotten this year, but teams do drill it. given the two realities, i fully expect a team, or ten, to come back from 20 down in an ncaa game.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
really happy for Brendan. Sometimes a fresh start and new location with a more compatible system is what is needed. There was a very little chance Brendan was going to be performing like that at UConn.
For sure. Hurley’s first recruit (and he got his degree before he transferred). Loved his game and happy he is crushing it at GW!

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I saw Donyell is now an assistant for Greensboro Swarm. Is there hope he can provide some help to James and coaching for Isiah?

Reaction Score
I saw Donyell is now an assistant for Greensboro Swarm. Is there hope he can provide some help to James and coaching for Isiah?
I don't think James is getting another chance in Charlotte...especially this season. They are contenders to get the number 1 pick yet they are playing all of their veterans big minutes as if they can make the playoffs. Despite the disfunction of the management there, James has really seemed to do everything he was warned not to do.

Reaction Score
Not saying I disagree with you, probably agree mostly, just wondering why that would be true. If he wasn't BA and had these stats for last year would Hurley have portaled him to UConn?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Not saying I disagree with you, probably agree mostly, just wondering why that would be true. If he wasn't BA and had these stats for last year would Hurley have portaled him to UConn?
Fwiw it seems like his numbers from his time here pretty much match NA’s numbers shooting % wise now.

Think this is a good question to ask.

Reaction Score
Still figuring out what Kwintin Williams is up to. I think he is doing acting/motion capture now. He played a couple games for the Albany Patroons, then tried out for the Warriors G-League team but didn't make it. Any other insight?

Reaction Score
George Washington is much lower competition and BA has the green light. If he had the greenlight at UConn, he wouldn't be as good, nor would the team

Reaction Score
Brendan Adams had 28 points today. 8-12 FGs, 4-8 from deep, 7 boards, 4 dimes.

I really really wish we still had him. Hes having a helluva year.

Reaction Score
Getting close to March, let's see how all of our old friends are doing before tourney time
  • Akok: 6.8 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 2.0 BPG on 47% / 29%. Pretty consistent with those numbers all year
  • Gaffney: 4.9 PPG, 2.6 RPG, 2.7 APG on 34% / 33%. Really fell off statistically from earlier in the season, but I've read a few posts from FAU people that say his production is more valuable than his box score. I'll choose to trust them
  • Rahsool: 4.5 PPG, 2.3 APG on 35% / 31% / 17%. Seems to have gotten a spike in minutes the last month or so and has performed better with that time. Otherwise, hope he bounces back strong for his junior year..
  • CFJ: 2.2 PPG, 1.3 RPG on 42% / 40% in 9 minutes a game. Don't love that he left after a redshirt year, but also don't love that PC recruited him and then parked him on the bench (yes I am still a CFJ fan, and yes I know he provided nothing in 15 minutes against us last night)
  • Matt Garry (transferred to D3 Endicott): 10.8 PPG, 7.2 RPG on 38% / 25%. Hasn't played since December, did he get hurt?
And of course honorable mention for Brendan Adams who is CRUSHING it at GW, 17.8 PPG, 4.4 RPG, 2.9 APG on 48% / 40%. They're going to need some magic in the A10 tournament, but otherwise I think Brendan has played himself into a professional career this season.

Reaction Score
Getting close to March, let's see how all of our old friends are doing before tourney time
  • Akok: 6.8 PPG, 6.3 RPG, 2.0 BPG on 47% / 29%. Pretty consistent with those numbers all year
  • Gaffney: 4.9 PPG, 2.6 RPG, 2.7 APG on 34% / 33%. Really fell off statistically from earlier in the season, but I've read a few posts from FAU people that say his production is more valuable than his box score. I'll choose to trust them
  • Rahsool: 4.5 PPG, 2.3 APG on 35% / 31% / 17%. Seems to have gotten a spike in minutes the last month or so and has performed better with that time. Otherwise, hope he bounces back strong for his junior year..
  • CFJ: 2.2 PPG, 1.3 RPG on 42% / 40% in 9 minutes a game. Don't love that he left after a redshirt year, but also don't love that PC recruited him and then parked him on the bench (yes I am still a CFJ fan, and yes I know he provided nothing in 15 minutes against us last night)
  • Matt Garry (transferred to D3 Endicott): 10.8 PPG, 7.2 RPG on 38% / 25%. Hasn't played since December, did he get hurt?
And of course honorable mention for Brendan Adams who is CRUSHING it at GW, 17.8 PPG, 4.4 RPG, 2.9 APG on 48% / 40%. They're going to need some magic in the A10 tournament, but otherwise I think Brendan has played himself into a professional career this season.
CFJ feel bad for. Was definitely sold on minutes and a promise that got pulled at Providence. Feel if he stayed he would've gotten a real role here, considering our guard play outside of Hawkins has been very inconsistent.

Also, happy for Matt. Seems he wants to play minutes and get a masters right now. I would guess an injury, I know he had knee issues while at UConn. Also cool to see him make UConn's team and now playing well at D3. Played pickup with him a ton, he was one of the better guys there and had crazy vertical. But did not boast or act like he was better than anyone. Seemed like a good guy and hope the best for him.

Reaction Score
You forgot Javonte Brown but so has everyone else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom