FCS Championship JMU-YOUNGSTOWN STATE | The Boneyard

FCS Championship JMU-YOUNGSTOWN STATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
JMU dominating. Six minutes into 1st quarter up 14-0. JMU averages 48 ppg.

Reaction Score
21-7 at the break. Special teams making a difference. JMU capitalized on blocking the first punt and getting the ball in the red zone, then a shanked YSU punt on the next drive giving JMU a relatively short field. A bad snap on a YSU FG didn't help the Penguins either.

YSU was gaining mo' before the half ended tho, and made some decent adjustment on D, so should be a good 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Would be a dream come true, but for some reason my gut tells me we'll be seeking a few former Fordham guys coaching up our roster. Might make the most sense for us.

At this point let's just find out already and get started on getting us back on track to winning.

Reaction Score
Would be a dream come true, but for some reason my gut tells me we'll be seeking a few former Fordham guys coaching up our roster. Might make the most sense for us.

At this point let's just find out already and get started on getting us back on track to winning.

Odds are that you'll know most of the coaches on the staff when they are announced, or at the very least will be able to easily trace the connections between them. Regardless of who they are, I hope some of them are guys who love to recruit.

Reaction Score
Odds are that you'll know most of the coaches on the staff when they are announced, or at the very least will be able to easily trace the connections between them. Regardless of who they are, I hope some of them are guys who love to recruit.
Agreed. We need to find those hungry underrecruited under the radar types that have a chip on their shoulder and are ready to work. And protect our house. We gotta at least get that back, right now.

Reaction Score

UCONN needs to go outside the box or the nine dots NO MORE STATUS QUO! Throw the coaching trees out the window! If UCONN wants to fill the rent footballs need to be flying 40 yds down field once and a while. Punts need to be blocked once and a while. Did you see how the blocked punts effected the momentum of yesterday's game! Quarterbacks need to be sacked once and a while. WE NEED A DYNAMIC change in philosophy!

It's more than evident that Donnie Kirkpatrick has what it takes to lead our offense. (So does TJ but that's another post) Last year was his 1st year at JMU and the record and stats tell the story. I love how he he mixes it up on offense with running the ball still being an obvious integral part of the game plan.

Probably the most important aspect is who can bring the most to the table recruiting wise. We already know that guys like Kirkpatrick and TJ are great teachers, motivators, planners and game day coaches. Can they bring us talent from outside our local area?

I sure hope that was Donnie Kirkpatrick at Bradley last week!

Reaction Score
Agree that having proven guys with connections to the program is a logical move but on offense I'd welcome a lower level guy that knows how to develop and run a bigh powered offense. There's no reason it can't work here.

Reaction Score
UCONN needs to go outside the box or the nine dots NO MORE STATUS QUO! Throw the coaching trees out the window! If UCONN wants to fill the rent footballs need to be flying 40 yds down field once and a while. Punts need to be blocked once and a while. Did you see how the blocked punts effected the momentum of yesterday's game! Quarterbacks need to be sacked once and a while. WE NEED A DYNAMIC change in philosophy!

It's more than evident that Donnie Kirkpatrick has what it takes to lead our offense. (So does TJ but that's another post) Last year was his 1st year at JMU and the record and stats tell the story. I love how he he mixes it up on offense with running the ball still being an obvious integral part of the game plan.

Probably the most important aspect is who can bring the most to the table recruiting wise. We already know that guys like Kirkpatrick and TJ are great teachers, motivators, planners and game day coaches. Can they bring us talent from outside our local area?

I sure hope that was Donnie Kirkpatrick at Bradley last week!
I agree totally. So I hope I'm wrong and we get what you suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom