OT: Favorite Word | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Word

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Moist
I think that word has been mentioned at least twice here. I guess more than a few saw the flick 'throw momma from the train,' ie 'the night was moist...' lol. crisscross!

Reaction Score
Pretty sure "stunad" is an adjective not a noun

I think my favorite Italian slang is oobatz

I think it's Jewish slang, because of the sound of it and because I got it from my grandfather who grew up in Brooklyn during the Depression and worked when he could by NYU and the lower east side of Manhattan as a kid, but I always loved "shluck"
You're probably right about Stunad. My exposure to Italian slang is with my wife's family (RI not NYC). I just sit back and grin and never imitate.

Another of my favorites is "Mamaluke". (sp?) Don't know what it means but I like it.

Reaction Score
In line with stunad and jambroni, chooch was my Dad's favorite word for me and my brothers.

I was listening to the Christmas favorite, Dominick The Donkey a few years ago I realized that my Dad was calling us a jackass!

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
mook

wanker

b0ner which could be slang for "mistake" too.

jackassery

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I always liked pendulum. Where does the "j" sound come from?
I can honestly say I've never heard anyone pronounce it with a J (soft G?) sound.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Same place as "d'jeet yet"?
Old Joey Bishop routine on J really being the most common letter in the alphabet.
"Jeet jet?"
"No. Ju?"
"Jusminigo."
"Wuhdjav?"
"Justinornj."

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Blackguard
Asinine
Hirsute
Sam Hill

Once shared a hospital room with a wonderful elderly black minister by the name of Samuel Hill. He would get incensed whenever anyone called him Sam, entirely because of the expression "Sam Hill", which he held was a euphemism for Satan's Hell, and that would be vile and the equivalent of calling on the devil.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
In line with stunad and jambroni, chooch was my Dad's favorite word for me and my brothers.

I was listening to the Christmas favorite, Dominick The Donkey a few years ago I realized that my Dad was calling us a jackass!
With my dad, it was Jamoke. Basically, he used it to reference working stiffs with more muscles than brains.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
tautological
incipient
irrevocably

Reaction Score
You're probably right about Stunad. My exposure to Italian slang is with my wife's family (RI not NYC). I just sit back and grin and never imitate.

Another of my favorites is "Mamaluke". (sp?) Don't know what it means but I like it.
This guy is awesome

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'm married to an Italian. I've heard the word stunad a million times!

There are many fatuous posts on this board.

I'm not insinuating this post, just using the word. :)
Much prefer the longer version of that word -- fatuitous

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Not sure if it's already been mentioned but, CROMULENT is an embiggening word.

Reaction Score
Honestly “jabroni” has always been something I’ve loved, even just the way it comes out of your mouth

Curiouser
Reaction Score
With my dad, it was Jamoke. Basically, he used it to reference working stiffs with more muscles than brains.
My Dad also used jamoke. And I think he said “jaboni” when he meant “jabroni.” As I have mentioned before, he has ninja-level mispronunciation skills, the prime example being calling Boatright “Brightboat,” which my brothers and I have adopted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom