OT: Favorite Word | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Word

Reaction Score
Begins with an F, ends with a K. Sorry for the people who have to sit near me at games.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
First day of school every year I had the kids look thru the book and find their favorite science word.

The list always included:

lake titicaca
Blue Footed Boobie
Shitaki
Asstronomer (that is how they'd spell it)
Uranus
Titmouse
Coccyx

The list goes on ...
Uvula is one of those body parts ( found in women !!!!) that sounds like a lot different thing than it really is.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Uvula is one of those body parts ( found in women !!!!) that sounds like a lot different thing than it really is.

Once had a kid ask the para in the room, "Is it true that if I touched your uvula (he said something else) you'd throw up."

"Yes"

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
My boss called someone “serviceable” today. I thought that was a fantastic word. It’s such a put down that doesn’t sound like a put down.
You hear a player is "serviceable" relative to the seemingly much better player used in sports commentary quite a bit.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
seminal You can easily work it in as a double entendre in defensible ways.
Took a sec, but quite witty. To be sure, referencing the youthful, the exuberant, the moment.

Reaction Score
You hear a player is "serviceable" relative to the seemingly much better player used in sports commentary quite a bit.
That is true. It will do but it’s never really that good. I’m putting a body in because I have to... desperate times call for desperate measures.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I forgot one. Hear it so rarely, but when I do, for some reason, it always makes me smile. I don't know why. Quixotic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom