Favorite Underrated Play of the Houston Game | The Boneyard

Favorite Underrated Play of the Houston Game

Reaction Score
8 minutes to go in the 1st half, Sid Wilson works hard for five full seconds boxing out 6'7 235 forward Justin Gorham. Unfortunately, Whaley snoozed on Chris Harris as he picked up the loose change, but gotta give props to Sid winning a physical battle against a guy at least 40 pounds heavier than him.

Sid has a golden opportunity to earn more minutes with Polley out and plays like that will help him maintain PT.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Not for nothing but the kid can also shoot. I hope he’s working on whatever was keeping him out of games earlier this year because he has a lot of tools.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Highlight of the game for me was Bouknight seeing that the left side of the court was open, taking a pass, dribbling quickly to Al, handing it off and then quickly curling around the lane for a pass and athletic lay in. He saw that potential play, and made it happen. I think he does it several times a game and 9 times out of 10, Al or whoever the other players are, don't see it, dribble back into traffic and it breaks down.

One of the most interesting things about basketball for me is that once you get players playing together, on the same page, it really elevates the quality of the team beyond the sum of its individual talents. It's why I so hated 90's and 00's era isolation basketball, and why people love to watch the UConn women.

When we talk about UConn needing "talent", most of that is mental, not physical. We need more guys who read the game and make smart decisions as a team. I'm convinced Hurley is going to clean house of everyone who holding back our ability to play as a team.

Reaction Score
8 minutes to go in the 1st half, Sid Wilson works hard for five full seconds boxing out 6'7 235 forward Justin Gorham. Unfortunately, Whaley snoozed on Chris Harris as he picked up the loose change, but gotta give props to Sid winning a physical battle against a guy at least 40 pounds heavier than him.

Sid has a golden opportunity to earn more minutes with Polley out and plays like that will help him maintain PT.
Did has been nothing but impressive since his role has changed and has earned every minute he’s getting. I am thinking he may actually bud into our starting 4 for next year based on his defense athleticism energy and emerging offense. Whaley out there just makes us a different much faster team. The Carlton paradigm will carry in through next fall.

Reaction Score
Any of Whaley's steals. His hustle was outstanding and kept the game close and keeping Houston in the rear view mirror.

Reaction Score
He needs to play a lot more. There's just no way around it at this point. The kid has potential.

Reaction Score
LMAO at the Sid praising. On a night when Akok didn't show up, and we needed Sidney badly, he gave us a whole 13 minutes before fouling out. 13. Sidney Wilson is a physically talented young man, and that talent includes shooting, but he is not fundamentally sound enough to stay on the court consistently without killing us. I'd love to see him be able to give us 28 good minutes a game, but he's finishing his third year.

Bouk gave us 20 by the way before fouling out when we needed him.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't this be moved to the positive thread forum? This is the Uconn Men's Basketball forum. Or marked OT or something? I was caught off guard.

Reaction Score
Any of Whaley's steals. His hustle was outstanding and kept the game close and keeping Houston in the rear view mirror.
Wasn't there a sequence where he got a steal and then a dunk on the other end? Or vice versa? That was the play(s) for me.

Reaction Score
Wasn't there a sequence where he got a steal and then a dunk on the other end? Or vice versa? That was the play(s) for me.
Dude I can barely remember who we played last night. However I do remember his pesky play, which was unusual for a man his size.

Reaction Score
I’d say Danny getting the ref’s attention resulting in the technical foul on Houston really kept us in the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom