Chris Stapleton-“Tennessee Whiskey”
Eddie Vedder -“My City of Ruins”
Jason Isbell -“I Know a Little”
Toto - “Bodhisattva” live version
Melissa Etheridge - “Piece of My Heart”
Kenny Wayne -“Born Under a Bad Sign”
Cake -“I will Survive “

Reaction Score
The Supremes' "You Keep Me Hangin' On" done by Vanilla Fudge. They're nothing alike.

Both versions were excellent but I'd have to admit I like this version better. Still, The Supremes are supreme. Those chics could sing. Too bad Dianna Ross broke up that group. Say, that would be in interesting thread, "What if... " Dianna Ross tucked her ego in her pocket and The Supremes continued. Or The Beatles didn't break up. I'm sure there has to be hundreds of scenarios where one left an excellent group to headline on their own and...... what if they stayed? What possibilities?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Mike McCready (Pearl Jam), Duff McKagan G&R), Mark Arm (Mudhoney), and Barrett Martin (Mad Season ,et al) of Seattle cover the Stooges live in Seattle.

Wow. Great find.

As huge as Pearl Jam is, Mike seems strangely underrated as a guitarist. I always sit on his side at PJ shows and that is no knock on Stone.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I like the original better, but this is fun. fiddy, no wait, johnny bravo in da house-bounce!

Reaction Score
Anything by Gram Parsons
What a haunting voice .and Genre defying.
Country Blues is my best guess

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not sure if this qualifies as a true "cover" as it's a case of the original song's author reclaiming his work after another band made it a top 5 UK hit (which I cannot believe because the Amen Corner recording is awful).

Roy Wood took it back a year later, had The Move release it with a great power chord intro. And (surprising to me) this superior version did not chart.

While I'm on the topic of Roy Wood, Cheap Trick covered a number of Wood's songs with varying degrees of success. One of my favorites is "Rock and Roll All Night", as Wood's original recording with Wizzard was extremely muddy so I'm glad someone covered that gem.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
By the way, what a horrific story behind that above mentioned pop classic.

I've always liked this song. Awful story, but I had to like the post for how he turned the experience around.

Incidentally, the cover is awful. Same key (to my untrained ear) and very similar arrangement. No need to cover the song in that case, IMO.

Reaction Score
I've always liked this song. Awful story, but I had to like the post for how he turned the experience around.

Incidentally, the cover is awful. Same key (to my untrained ear) and very similar arrangement. No need to cover the song in that case, IMO.

Yeah, it doesn't touch the original.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom