OT: Favorite restaurants near TD Garden Boston | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite restaurants near TD Garden Boston

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I know you folks like to eat. Let’s have a few suggestions for this weekends games. Lunch will need to be served.

Reaction Score
I know you folks like to eat. Let’s have a few suggestions for this weekends games. Lunch will need to be served.
Which games? You mean you want a place you can watch games on TV while eating?

The food around the Garden is pretty blah. Depending on what you want there are decent places a little farther away from the Garden. What kind of food and restaurant (casual, upscale?) are you looking for?

There's this new place at the Garden called Banners. Just opened. I don't know much about it except that it must be mobbed before games at the Garden.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not exactly in the foodie part of the city.Quick walk to the north end though with many good options, Prezza, Luca and La Famigla Giorgio are three of my favorites.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm thinking near is like a block or two away. Two transfers on the T away?

Reaction Score
Not exactly in the foodie part of the city.Quick walk to the north end though with many good options, Prezza, Luca and La Famigla Giorgio are three of my favorites.
I ate at Arya Trattoria relatively recently in the North End and it was really good. Very small place though.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Which games? You mean you want a place you can watch games on TV while eating?

The food around the Garden is pretty blah. Depending on what you want there are decent places a little farther away from the Garden. What kind of food and restaurant (casual, upscale?) are you looking for?

There's this new place at the Garden called Banners. Just opened. I don't know much about it except that it must be mobbed before games at the Garden.

I’d say casual family. I’m attending evening games, so looking for lunch spots during the day within 20 min of arena.

Reaction Score
My friend lives in the North End and is a weekday regular at the bar at Arya. The bartenders+owner want to sleep with her, so we get hooked up when we go. It's pretty good Italian, but not mind-altering.

I lived in the North End about 5 years ago and used to work at the Garden. If you want to watch other sports, the aforementioned Banners is fine. Tip Tap Room for some interesting food and decent beer. There's a Tasty Burger there now, which I love the Fenway spot (cheaper burgers you don't have to get cooked well done with properly melted cheese). Night Shift has a taproom in the area at Lovejoy. Always a happening spot. Ducali is my slightly hidden pizza spot. Taranta in the North End for Peruvian-Italian fusion. Panza for more traditional Italian. Neptune Oyster if you like seafood and don't love money, have time to check in and can wait for a text to come back and eat.

Last edited:

TJT

Reaction Score
As mentioned above, Night Shift Brewing has opened a taproom and restaurant steps away from the Garden. It is at LoveJoy Wharf in the bottom level of the Converse HQ Building on the boardwalk between the Zakim Bunker Hill and N Washington Street Bridges.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Excellent. Looks like I’ll be meeting friends in the Back Bay area one afternoon too.

Reaction Score
Around the garden, like everyone has been saying, there’s not much.

Tavern in the Square, right across the street does good bar food.

The Alcove is fairly new, but supposed to be very good. Also a block away.

Countless North End spots....Monica’s Salumeria has the best Italian Sub you’ll ever eat (the Tuukka sandwich is also great, as is the Italian Steak Tip). Bricco, Mare, and Trattoria Il Pannino are my favorites for sit down.

Back Bay gives you way more options.

Parish Cafe is a sandwich shop that has chefs from all the city’s best restaurants come up with a recipe.

Oak Bar at the Fairmont Copley Hotel has an awesome burger

Flour Bakery is great for sandwiches and baked goods (Sticky Bun is one of the more famous things you can eat in Boston)

Pour House is a dive bar with a great brunch/breakfast if you’re around for that

on the more upscale side, Select Oyster Bar is very good and the sister restaurant of Neptune Oyster in the North End (which you’ll spend 2 hours waiting to get into)

Saltie Girl is also an unreal seafood spot...probably will need to wait, but definitely worth it and you can pop into their bigger restaurant next door for a beer while you wait.

Reaction Score
Regina pizza is something like a 10 minute walk away from the garden. Busy, but pretty good 'za.

Reaction Score
Crazy that, being out of the city for just 4 years, despite commuting from beacon hill or bay village to Charlestown via north station daily, I can’t help someone with that area anymore

the area has developed so much it’s insane

Reaction Score
In addition to what’s been mentioned, Alcove - on Lovejoy Wharf is terrific. For a little UConn Hoops connection, Calhoun’s son was responsible for the whole Lovejoy Wharf development when he was CEO at Converse. Brewers Fork across the Charlestown Bridge plus a few blocks is also great. Ward 8 on Washington is solid and i second the thumbs up on Ducali for an under the Radar pizza spot.

Reaction Score
Nothing. I moved from the Avalon bldg connected to the Garden 2 years ago and we hated the neighborhood. All there is are sports bars. Which is great for games, bad bar food and college kid partying but not dining. Ward 8 is probably the best food within a few blocks. Tits is the best for bar food. Not sure about the new places. There is a new Nightshift Brewery spot in Lovejoy Wharf which is very close on the river. Decent scene but can't attest to the food.

Now we're in the North End and Carmelina's is our favorite. Pauli's for counter sandwiches. Do the Fat Felix.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well I work in Back Bay so I'll think about that one for you. Casual again? I like Stephanie's on Newbury and Sonsie for upscale food/casual atmosphere but there are other better places.
I used to live behind Sonsie on Comm Ave and it was my go to. Atlantic Fish for seafood fine dining. Ask for Lenny. La Voile is a hidden gem.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For local bar food near the Garden I like Fours. I’m a fan of the Bobby Orr sandwich. It’s a perfectly acceptable lunch spot. Don’t know why people are sending you miles away. Who the hell wants fine dining at lunch in between Games?

Tavern in the square is a little nicer option. Right across the street from the Garden.

As mentioned, the North End is an easy walk with several good options.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Nothing. I moved from the Avalon bldg connected to the Garden 2 years ago and we hated the neighborhood. All there is are sports bars. Which is great for games, bad bar food and college kid partying but not dining. Ward 8 is probably the best food within a few blocks. Tits is the best for bar food. Not sure about the new places. There is a new Nightshift Brewery spot in Lovejoy Wharf which is very close on the river. Decent scene but can't attest to the food.

Now we're in the North End and Carmelina's is our favorite. Pauli's for counter sandwiches. Do the Fat Felix.

I think Pauli’s was on TripleD once with Guy.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I go right to Hurricane's every time. It is on Canal Street right across from the Garden. I have been going there for about 17 years now, between 1-4 times a year for Celts/B's games. It has plenty of room, and the beer, food, and service is always fine. It's game food and atmosphere, and they open up the huge front doors when it's warmish. Everyone says The Fours, which is also good, but it's also more likely to have a wait, which I've never had at Hurricane's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom