OT: Favorite Restaurant in CT | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Restaurant in CT

Reaction Score
What is your favorite restaurant in Connecticut? Mine is J. Gilbert's here in Glastonbury. I go there with super high expectations, and it never lets me down. We did a 20th birthday dinner for my son the other night and all four people at the table proclaimed that it is their favorite restaurant.

Reaction Score
Hard to narrow it down to just one

Italian - Goodfellas in New Haven

Pizza - Roseland in Derby

Seafood - Ford’s Lobster in Noank or the Madison Lenny and Joe’s

Steak - Michael Jordan’s at Mohegan or Cedar’s in Foxwoods

Diner - Plaza Diner in Shelton or Valley Diner in Derby

Burger/Hot Dog - Plan B is good, but Duchess never disappoints.

Reaction Score
Bar Bouchee - Madison

Le Petit Cafe - Branford

Strega - Branford

Barcelona Wine Bar - New Haven, other locations

Bufalina - Guilford - Pizza

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
using your criteria, 'I go there with super high expectations, and it never lets me down,' i'll say McDonalds. aside from taste, which is the most personal of opinions, i had an experience there the other day that even surprised me, with my high expectation for convenience and efficiency. pulling in to the lot, i noticed that both drive thru lanes were full, and the following merged lane to the pay and pick-up windows as well, around 18 cars in total. im thinking 'kinda busy, so it'll take a bit more time than usual. oh, well, no big.' the lines never stopped moving, culminating in the pay window handing me the change while the pickup window already had the bag held outside that window. two mcdoubles hot and fresh, large cup of water, $4.06. same price and quality, like every other time for years now. even the 'best' apizza, steak, or seafood place has periodic moody chefs or waitstaff every now and again, including 'my' places, which really stinks when that happens. some of those places won't be around next year, but micky d's will. i'm lovin' it.

Reaction Score
What is your favorite restaurant in Connecticut? Mine is J. Gilbert's here in Glastonbury. I go there with super high expectations, and it never lets me down. We did a 20th birthday dinner for my son the other night and all four people at the table proclaimed that it is their favorite restaurant.
Won’t go back after telling us our time was up none of the 3 couples have been back in 10 years .(we did not linger ) and weren’t skimping

Reaction Score
Hoodoo Brown
It's up there for me. Worth the 30 minute drive each time, especially when you can parlay the drive with a trip to Nod Hill.

My vote: Teff in Stamford. Out of this world Ethiopian/Eritrean food, super nice owners and most entrees are around $15. Very family friendly too.

Hyped, but also amazing: Valencia Luncheria in Norwalk.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'll go lowbrow and say Colony as that's something I enjoyed regularly that I can't get in Pittsburgh.

It's been 20 years since I lived there, so I assume pretty much any higher end place I enjoyed is closed or no longer good.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Savin Rock Roasting Co. best RI Chowder, few bad choices, whether full meals or sandwiches, specially prepared sandwich meats, usually big portions at a fair price. I love shrimp. They have a shrimp with pasta dish that has very good sauce( I usually pick red) and excellent about 20 large gulf shrimp. I usually have to take home and often get 3 meals out of it, it’s so much food.

Reaction Score
Bar Bouchee - Madison

Le Petit Cafe - Branford

Strega - Branford

Barcelona Wine Bar - New Haven, other locations

Bufalina - Guilford - Pizza
La petite cafe is no longer. Doors are shut for good. Same with strega along with assagios and la cuisine in branford

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
La petite cafe is no longer. Doors are shut for good. Same with strega along with assagios and la cuisine in branford
well, that was fast...only took from post 7 to post 15. and i won't even retell our nightmare at bar bougus from a few weeks back.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
J. Gilbert's is great and the service is always top notch. The steaks are the best in the state and I have had them all. They include two sides unlike others.
My wife and I go there for birthdays and anniversary all the time

More a seafood place is Bill's Seafood in Westbrook. They serve a seafood bisque every so often and it is so good. The selection and amount of food is very good. I love that it is on the water. Not fancy, but just good.

Reaction Score
I think the best meal I can recently remember was at Beamhouse in Glastonbury. Birch Hill Tavern in Glastonbury also v good.
I believe those two restaurants have common ownership and they also own Sayulita in South Glastonbury

Reaction Score
Can't go wrong with shell and bones. I just hate the check when it's time to leave. Last 2 times there $1200 for 5 people and $450 with 3 people. But I keep going back

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Can't go wrong with shell and bones. I just hate the check when it's time to leave. Last 2 times there $1200 for 5 people and $450 with 3 people. But I keep going back
Who’s your broker? No food is that good. Gotta be the bar tab.

Reaction Score
Get rid of those xtra 2 750.00 holy moly

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom