Favorite personal Yard tales for Christmas sharing? | The Boneyard

Favorite personal Yard tales for Christmas sharing?

Reaction Score
Going back well over a decade on this: Became friendly on here with Kim and Sandy Smith who lived down around Rocky Mount, NC. They had NEVER been out of the state, and decided they'd like to visit us. Kim was a high school wrestling champ in NC. Presented as kind of a rough and tumble and fun loving guy.
When they arrived here in the WEE hours after driving straight thru for close to 600 miles on this first ever trip of theirs , looking bedraggled, shaggy, and whipped , I greeted them out of a window and told them that they were at the wrong house and that the people they wanted lived down over the hill beyond our garage, had BAD dogs and were quick on the trigger. Told them they could leave their car here since there was no road down over the hill, and watched them trundle off around the garage before running after them and fessing up .
We laughed and sipped and sang until after dawn. Took them to see "our Girls" in person and had a wonderful multi-day time. IF this proves interesting and seasonal, let us know and I'll send along their great quotes about the visit..

Reaction Score
I don't know if this fit your title: Since you are the Jokester.

When my girls were young (of varying ages to babies) I started to hear neighbor's kids, a month before xmas, saying there is not Santa. So, I decided to take the negative track and start telling my girls there is no Santa. At first they argued just a bit then near Xmas their arguments got louder and longer, yet I kept up my tale.
On Christmas day as I approched the family room--I heard the jeers; look what's in YOUR stocking and then I saw: it was full of dirty black coal.
" That's what bad boys get." Santa remained alive.

Reaction Score
I don't know if this fit your title: Since you are the Jokester.

B'WAY: Works for me. Good one. The Yarders who visited with us were very good Doo-Wop singers, which is street corner stuff that I do, thus the very late night of singing. Found their post-visit note from Nov 2010 - includes: "Want to thank you guys for all you did for us. Hope you'll let us reciprocate soon. Sandy says you two are some of the finest we've ever met and I tend to agree with that assessment! Been long time since Sandy could let herself go like that, which meant a helluva lot to me. Today it's 70 here and just think, yesterday it was below freezing on top of your mountain! Hope to reciprocate visit soon. FUN! And love." I hope we aren't the only ones who have experienced such touching visits or fond memories with BY folks!

Reaction Score

I try not to forget kindness. When I first appeared on the By YOU reached out to me and offered the hand of friendship and into the Uconn Game bonanza. I thank you for that.
My hearing makes me an undesirable guest except one, closely, on one. Thank you
I loved singing, love music, nearly all. I love to impromptu sing Barbershop, I still love it but you have to hear to harmonize. You are a gem to be polished, thank you--I liked your story, meanie, I wonder what they thought when you said you'll have to leave the car and walk through fields--?????

Reaction Score
I forgot: Weather, near 70 today, 50 yesterday, freezing the day before. Give me 50-60 and I get to work outside.
Instead I was caning (spelled like can--ing) two old chairs the wife purchased. She was in love with a French Provential (and the chair) and asked me to cane the back of it- of the chair not him-I'm a real novice but i've done it. Luckly that chair had other bad issues, I escaped that one and was thrown this curve of 2. 4 hours each and they are done done done, it was fun actually.
Gas is below 2 bucks here. I filled up 20 gals 3 weeks ago for my house generator and outside equipment--I like buying stocks when high and selling low. gas too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom