Favorite Game Sign Or Cheer | The Boneyard

Favorite Game Sign Or Cheer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shouting "UCONN" (response) "Huskies" is fun and supportive, but not very imaginative. I have a few favorite cheers and signs I have seen over the years. I would like to see yours.

signs:
I believe at a ND Michigan St game " Hail Mary Full Of Grace, Notre Dame's In Second Place."

UCONN-Duke game "Christian Laettner Must Die."

and a (crude) cheer from the old Field House days circa 1964

"UUU RRR III, UUU RRR III, UUU RRR III NNN EEE"

I saw a tall middle school girl at Mohegan Sun hold a big sign over her head with a taped on arrow pointing down at her - "The Next Stephanie Dolson." She tried to get Steph's attention, but could not. I think Steph would have gotten a kick out of it.

Reaction Score
This has nothing to do with WBB, but years ago, Yankee second baseman Chuck Knoblauch was having a terrible time making bad throws from second base to first base. One game someone had a banner in the stands that said "Knoblauch you wish you threw like a girl!" My favorite banner ever.

48 TO GO

Reaction Score
The two that come to mind. Louisville fan: "Mrs. Schimmel, send more daughters." At last year's final against L'ville, some UConn fans behind the basket enthusiastically tearing up a deck of playing cards.

Reaction Score
I remember the URI cheer!
The creative cheers I remember were from HS football in a competition between the nerd and the jocks.
Nerds: Repel them, repel them, make them relinquish the ball!"
Jocks: Kill, kill, hate, hate, murder, murder, mutilate!

Only other one at UConn was at a UMass game. Sign held by a lovely coed "We don't like Minute men!"

Reaction Score
One of my favorites.

AlpmG_lCQAAMiOA.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads