Favorite Fight Songs and Mascots. | The Boneyard

Favorite Fight Songs and Mascots.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
One of the best things about attending tournaments in person is seeing/hearing all the mascots and fight songs and secondary fight songs of the schools. I heard 11 different fight songs last week..... some great... some meh. I was looking forward to seeing Clemson play for the first time.... cause I love their fight song... its definitely the best in the ACC. The Clemson Tiger wasnt as big as its looks on TV. Not sure if they use a different size mascot for WCBB as opposed to Men's Football.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well here is my favorite:

... but I may be biased.

Yes you are biased. :rolleyes: I remember hearing that here in Greensboro (2008 regional) and the last part of it reminded me of one of those 1980's Commercials for one of the service branches. Never figured out which branch though.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My second favorite in the ACC.. and top 10 nationally is Florida State's song. For some reason.... when they enter the arena floor at the ACC tourney... and when they were here for the 2015 regionals... they ALWAYS enter from the opposite tunnel :confused: as the other teams.

Reaction Score
One of the best things about attending tournaments in person is seeing/hearing all the mascots and fight songs and secondary fight songs of the schools. I heard 11 different fight songs last week..... some great... some meh. I was looking forward to seeing Clemson play for the first time.... cause I love their fight song... its definitely the best in the ACC. The Clemson Tiger wasnt as big as its looks on TV. Not sure if they use a different size mascot for WCBB as opposed to Men's Football.

I hate you so much.

Seriously though, I rather like Wake Forest. In true ACC fashion, it references wine and cheese. (Ok. Maybe just wine).

I do like Tar Heel born and bred tune. I’m not a heel fan but never have been a hater.

Not sure how duke tune goes.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Well here is my favorite:

... but I may be biased.

Still sends chills down my spine ever since the first time I heard it, which had to be sometime in the early 1960's.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not really "Clemson's", but fun none the less.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Always liked this one too. (not there official fight song though)

The Bull

Reaction Score
I like "Rocky Top"...you catch yourself singing along....

Same with WVU's "Country Roads"....

And "I'm a rambin' wreck from Georgia Tech and a hell of an engineer."

The Warchant is great because you don't have to know lyrics...just groan like you have stomach cramps...and you can do that dead drunk.

I do like the Tiger Rag and, in my father's memory, Hail to the Victors. It makes me smile.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I hate you so much.

Seriously though, I rather like Wake Forest. In true ACC fashion, it references wine and cheese. (Ok. Maybe just wine).

I do like Tar Heel born and bred tune. I’m not a heel fan but never have been a hater.

Not sure how duke tune goes.

Wake Forest's is catchy..... its risen up to #4 in my ACC rankings.... Never knew the lyrics until yesterday.

Needless to say....... Im not a big fan of that Tar Heel born and bred crap. :mad:

Reaction Score
BULLDOG-ON-A-TREADMILL-1.gif

Got to keep those mascots in shape.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I will always perk up when I hear "On, Wisconsin". I have no loyalty to the Badgers, but our grade school used the tune and altered the lyrics to fit. It always catches me. :) Our high school tune was boring, and I cannot even recall the the songs of the two colleges I attended. But "On For Saint B's" still stirs. :cool:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
No offense to the Miss State fans on here.... but we got too many Bulldog mascots in my opinion. Wish we had some Beagles.. Cocker Spaniels..
I am sure the Mississippi State fans agree. However, it is those other bulldogs they want see eliminated. Their dog is a pure breed, the others just masquerading mutts I bet! BTW, I love their dog, but I detest that darn cowbell! :rolleyes:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Thats it !!! Thats it !!! Thank you
Before there was an official branch of service called the Air Force, the tune was the same but they sang '...nothing can stop the Army Air Corps".

Reaction Score
I will always perk up when I hear "On, Wisconsin". I have no loyalty to the Badgers, but our grade school used the tune and altered the lyrics to fit. It always catches me. :) Our high school tune was boring, and I cannot even recall the the songs of the two colleges I attended. But "On For Saint B's" still stirs. :cool:
I did grad school at Wisconsin, where I heard (possibly apocryphal) that it was originally written for Minnesota but the gophers didn’t want it. The “On” was added to fill in the extra syllable needed to use it with Wisconsin.

Reaction Score
No surprise that I'm partial to the West Virginia Mountaineer as a mascot. Yes, "Country Roads" is a great song and "Hail West Virginia" isn't bad either, but my favorite music from WVU football games is the Aaron Copeland inspired medley of "Simple Gifts" and "Fanfare for the Common Man" as performed by the WVU "Pride of West Virginia" Marching Band. It has been the music that opens their pre-game show for decades.

Reaction Score
I have always liked "Simple Gifts"....last year, my wife and I toured the old Shaker Community near Danville Ky and this song is sung every morning...it is of Shaker origin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom