Favorite CT restaurants

No, but G-Zen in Branford is an excellent vegan restaurant. The chef/owner, Mark Shadle, started ION in Middletown, which is still good--but not as good as Gen Z since he left ION and started it.
Yes, been to both many times. Would do G-Zen but that’s an hour away from us now.

School House - Wilton - best restaurant in the state
Luc's - Ridgefield - great French bistro and bonus Keith Richards' sightings at the bar
Ono - Wesport - Tiny space with great sushi and Japanese
Spiga - New Canaan - family friendly Italian spot with something for everyone
Cherry Street East - New Canaan - best burgers in Fairfield county
Little Pub - various locations - best pub food in the state
Inn at Pound Ridge - Pound Ridge, NY - just over the border, upscale but not fancy, never had a bad meal there

Funny that Deepster complained about portion sizes earlier. Schoolhouse is the consummate "pay $45, get three bites" meal.

My wife is gluten free and likes Vegan places, anyone been to 21 Oak in Manchester?
My daughter is GF. I'd recommend Pure Love Bakery in Avon. It's a godsend. Everything is gluten free and reasonably priced. They also have fresh pizza dough in the fridge which is the best GF pizza option I've had in our 13 years trying them out.

They have their holiday order sheet up on their Facebook page right now and you can order a cookie platter or dinner rolls or cinnamon rolls, etc. All incredible.

There is a new restaurant opening in the location of the former Watch Factory Restaurant in Cheshire (Markus Patschretired this summer). No longer Austrian/German, but similar in that it will be a small menu of mostly hand-prepared meals with no pressure to eat and open up the table for the next guest. We'll try to give it a shot soon.