OT: Favorite CT restaurants | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite CT restaurants

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I think you are thinking of Restaurant du Village in Chester. It has been closed for around a decade, unfortunately. It was excellent. Enjoyed several great dinners there.
Miss that place another French place took the place of it , restaurant L&E. The just closed now too, had good Vietnamese upstairs too.

Reaction Score
Just down the road is another good Italian spot, Pulcinella. Great wood fired pizza and traditional Italian food. Always crowded, especially during Happy Hour because of their great drink/food prices.
Seconding this, I live down the road. Pulcinella is a much better pizza, the bar gets super busy so you need to get there early if you want to grab a drink during happy hour.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Anybody been to Firebox in Hartford?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've always had good luck there and some top meals. It's a nice space. I thought the wine was pricey.

Reaction Score
Le Petit Cafe is amazing, rivaling even Union Leagues for overall food quality.

We finally got there in the spring. It was as good as advertised. I actually thought the entree was better than what you typically get at Union League.

Reaction Score

Been there many times, most recently two weekends ago. Very good dinner, better apps. The bone marrow is a must try if it's your first visit. Again, I think it's very good, but not in the top tier with Millwright's, Le Petit Cafe, Oyster Club (no, not S&P, which sucks), On20, and Union League. I'd put it on a par with Viron Rondo, Good News Cafe, and Marketplace in Woodbury.

Reaction Score
Anyone try the Arethusa restaurant in Bantam, across the street from the ice cream shop?

Reaction Score
Have any of you guys been to Arethusa al tavolo in Bantam? Growing up in the area I find it funny it's been ranked best in CT. and ranked nationally.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Lassies in Milford is one of my personal favorites.

Reaction Score
Have any of you guys been to Arethusa al tavolo in Bantam? Growing up in the area I find it funny it's been ranked best in CT. and ranked nationally.
I grew up in Bantam. It used to be considered the “Raggie” section of Litchfield. My how times have changed.

Reaction Score
Valbella! in Greenwich
Quattro Pazzi in Stamford
Rowayton Seafood Rowayton

my other favorites are all closed: Bennett’s (Stamford), Mario’s Place (Westport)

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Next on my list for a special occasion is Millwrights- Simsbury. Top Chef/Multiple time James Beard nominee, Tyler Anderson.

Reaction Score
Biagetti's: 77 Campbell Ave, West Haven, CT

If you like good Italian food, and lots of it.

Reaction Score
Next on my list for a special occasion is Millwrights- Simsbury. Top Chef/Multiple time James Beard nominee, Tyler Anderson.

Best restaurant in the state. If the tasting menu is available, do it.

Reaction Score
Here's my take on Millwright's. Dinner tasted amazing. Went out for drinks afterwards and got wings and fries because we were all still hungry. And I'm not someone who needs the American supersized meal portions. It just wasn't enough food and the 4 of us all agreed.

Reaction Score
Here's my take on Millwright's. Dinner tasted amazing. Went out for drinks afterwards and got wings and fries because we were all still hungry. And I'm not someone who needs the American supersized meal portions. It just wasn't enough food and the 4 of us all agreed.

That has never been my experience there. Always had plenty to eat. However we often do the tasting menu, and if we don't we are ordering apps. It gets expensive, but IMO it is well worth it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That has never been my experience there. Always had plenty to eat. However we often do the tasting menu, and if we don't we are ordering apps. It gets expensive, but IMO it is well worth it.

I'll admit that's fair. I haven't done the tasting menu which would be more of a blank canvas. Off the menu, a standard app/entree/dessert left me hungry.

To also be fair, I've eaten at Present Company a few times and if you sit at "the bar" in front of the kitchen, you get a lot more food/tastes interacting with the cook staff so the tasting menu is apparently the way to go....

Reaction Score
My wife is gluten free and likes Vegan places, anyone been to 21 Oak in Manchester?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My wife is gluten free and likes Vegan places, anyone been to 21 Oak in Manchester?
No, but G-Zen in Branford is an excellent vegan restaurant. The chef/owner, Mark Shadle, started ION in Middletown, which is still good--but not as good as Gen Z since he left ION and started it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom