Favorite Christmas Story Scene | The Boneyard

Favorite Christmas Story Scene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ralphie: hanging on slide. "Wait! I want a Red Rider carbine action 200 shot air rifle!"

Santa: " You'll shoot your eye out kid." Foot in face. Down the slide.

Reaction Score
The Bumpus' dogs ruining Christmas dinner puts the old man into a stellar rage.

"Sons-a-bitcheeeee........Bumpuses!"

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
When the dad is so pissed about the lamp breaking that all he can muster is "Not a finger!"

Reaction Score
The first time the Dad goes down to do battle with the furnace, falls downstairs due to the damn skates, "who shut the damper!?", and the narrator talks about how he works in profanity which is hanging somewhere over Lake Michigan.

Reaction Score
A lot of favorite scenes but not so favorite is the Dad ratting out Ralphy for word that should be a father son thing

Reaction Score
"oh Fuuuuuuuuudge, except I didn't say fudge"

BTW, this is my favorite Christmas movie of all time. Glad to see others enjoy it as well! Ralphie with soap in his mouth reminds me of my childhood. Let me tell ya, the liquid hand soap is probably even worse!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
... and the narrator talks about how he works in profanity which is hanging somewhere over Lake Michigan.

That's the UConn connection. When he tells how his father "worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay", it always reminds me of Calhoun.

Reaction Score
The part where Will Ferrell is singing in the store.

Sorry to say but you're old if you still think Christmas Story is entertaining.

Reaction Score
/
Will Ferrell singing in the store? What movie? BTW Christmas Story is a relatively new movie (1980's?)

Reaction Score
"Its a great leg". When the dad unveils the leg lamp for the first time and Ralphie feels it up.

Reaction Score

I think you're too young for this conversation. Christmas Story is a CLASSIC.

Reaction Score
My favorite part is the closing credits.

Sorry, I know it's a classic, etc but I've always hated that movie.

Reaction Score
UConnMike04 said:
My favorite part is the closing credits. Sorry, I know it's a classic, etc but I've always hated that movie.

I never watched it growing up. Never even heard of it as a kid. Not sure how I missed it. My wife watches it every year. She LOVES it. I tried once. I think it is terrible. Maybe you had to watch it as a kid to still like it. Without the nostalgia value I just don't get it.

Reaction Score
J187Money said:
I never watched it growing up. Never even heard of it as a kid. Not sure how I missed it. My wife watches it every year. She LOVES it. I tried once. I think it is terrible. Maybe you had to watch it as a kid to still like it. Without the nostalgia value I just don't get it.

I don't know, I watched it both as a kid and tried again a few times as an adult and didn't make a diff for me. Still can't stand it.

Fun fact though: Ralphie is the boss elf in the movie Elf. He wears the red clothes and is the head elf in the North Pole, has a prominent role actually.

Reaction Score
Will Ferrell singing in the store? What movie? BTW Christmas Story is a relatively new movie (1980's?)
Sorry to say but you're old if you think a 32 year old movie is "relatively new"

Reaction Score
I think you're too young for this conversation. Christmas Story is a CLASSIC.
No debate that it's a classic within the Christmas movie genre, like The Santa Claus. But, like The Santa Claus for example, being a classic doesn't mean it's still funny/entertaining after the first two or three times through. It blows my mind that we need 24 hour reruns every single year.

Reaction Score
Sorry to say but you're old if you think a 32 year old movie is "relatively new"
I am mature. It's all perspective. If it came out after you graduate college, started your career and didn't exist in your childhood. It is "relatively new".

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Ralphie's rhinestone cowboy dream scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom