OT: Favored Alternate Arrangements of Songs | The Boneyard

OT: Favored Alternate Arrangements of Songs

Reaction Score

Basically, I’m asking people to post alternate arrangements they prefer to the original. This is Springsteen doing “The E Street Shuffle“ live at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1975. Warning a 12+ minute version but if you watch it through there is a tasty sax solo at the end.

Reaction Score
I know OT should be in the title, my bad; unfortunately I don’t know how to add it after the fact.

Reaction Score
I was going to start a thread earlier this summer called remakes you like better than the original. This is a little similar to this. I post a couple of songs and see what others come up with. Originally done by Seals and Croft.

Reaction Score

Since you started with a Bruce Springsteen song, how about we add to it a version of arguably his most famous song.

Reaction Score

You can do this all day long with Springsteen songs as there are alternative versions to everything, this is one of my favorite alternative versions. This has a little bit of a big band sound and maybe even a little of Andrew sisters in there.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Always loved this intro to the Bo Diddley song. I believe that's big Al Anderson, of Wildweeds fame, a local Hartford area group. This song must be played LOUD to be fully appreciated.

Reaction Score
Originally done by the Beatles. I have posted this song several times. I think the arrangements on this is awesome.

Agree 100%, GREAT arrangement and I thank you for the memories it brought back to me. In the early 70’s I sang in a band that did a slowed down, bluesy version of “I Saw Her Standing There” that remains one of the favorite songs I’ve ever sung. I am in the process of getting ”back in voice” at 71 years old and too many years to count since I’ve sung on stage but I intend on renting studio time and recording a CD for my grandkids.
Luckily, as they get a bit older, they continue to indulge me by singing with me. Also, luckily, one of my best friends is still very much a working musician, and his band of almost 20 years with a few privately released CDs, have kindly offered to help me “pro bono.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom