FAU thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FAU thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I still find it kind of surreal that FAU made it to the final four. In fact, I'm a bit amazed that they made it to D-1.

In the early 1980's my younger brother went to school (if you can call it that) at FAU. Then it could be described as Post in Waterbury with a nicer location (a buddy went to Post, then the schools were nearly identical in size, academics and student body). FAU was competing in whatever division junior colleges competed back then (Palm Beach JC was their big rival) and only had a handful of sports.

Their expansion over the decades (for a while they were merging with or acquiring any struggling small school in the area) logically should have made things worse as they had a few small locations scattered in Ft Lauderdale, Pompano, West Palm and Boca and I'm not sure this has changed.

I don't have any ill will towards them (or any school that hasn't directly or indirectly hurt us) but I am stunned to see what they have accomplished and I am curious as to whether it can be sustained.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I bet they fall on their face. Their run was a flash in the pan. Think George Mason or St.Peters or Loyola-Chicago. They’ve been getting high fives all summer and now everyone wants to beat them. A couple non-conference losses and the train will derail. They end the season unranked and won’t make the sweet 16. It was a fun story and a fun ride. Keep my posts here as receipts.

Reaction Score
Getting to the FF is tough.

First you to avoid any significant injury. It usually takes few good bounces. The easier your path though the tourney the better. And you have to be peaking in March. A lot of things have to go right.

So, it would bet against them reaching the Final Four in 2024. The margin for error is just too small.

Reaction Score
I still find it kind of surreal that FAU made it to the final four. In fact, I'm a bit amazed that they made it to D-1.

In the early 1980's my younger brother went to school (if you can call it that) at FAU. Then it could be described as Post in Waterbury with a nicer location (a buddy went to Post, then the schools were nearly identical in size, academics and student body). FAU was competing in whatever division junior colleges competed back then (Palm Beach JC was their big rival) and only had a handful of sports.

Their expansion over the decades (for a while they were merging with or acquiring any struggling small school in the area) logically should have made things worse as they had a few small locations scattered in Ft Lauderdale, Pompano, West Palm and Boca and I'm not sure this has changed.

I don't have any ill will towards them (or any school that hasn't directly or indirectly hurt us) but I am stunned to see what they have accomplished and I am curious as to whether it can be sustained.
Football is still doing rather well even after Kiffin left. They were able to keep Dusty at least for another year for basketball. It really is impressive how far they've come. I have a friend who went there to party and live the Sorority life and ended up with a marketing degree and an advertising job in Miami. Clearly they're doing something right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom