FAU Head Coach Tom Herman Comments On UConn Program | The Boneyard

FAU Head Coach Tom Herman Comments On UConn Program

Reaction Score
Brett Yormark in his Big XII office this morning thinking about his presidents

Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF

Reaction Score
This is great but I’m not celebrating yet. We got humiliated by Maryland and lost to Duke. A team deserving that kind of praise beats Duke and beats or keeps it competitive with MD. I want to see more dominating performances. As of now, it could be that we played great and FAU is a dumpster fire.

I also don’t like hearing that it’s a hard place to recruit to. If the NIL is in place, it shouldn’t be hard to recruit 1-3* players and good transfers to a big school with a big brand, awesome facilities and a pro coach. We need to stop allowing that narrative.

Reaction Score
Wow that feels good. Wasn’t too long ago when I remember the qb of some directional Tennessee school saying how easy it was to beat UConn. Was that rock bottom? I think we’ve had many rock bottoms.

Reaction Score
This is great but I’m not celebrating yet. We got humiliated by Maryland and lost to Duke. A team deserving that kind of praise beats Duke and beats or keeps it competitive with MD. I want to see more dominating performances. As of now, it could be that we played great and FAU is a dumpster fire.

I also don’t like hearing that it’s a hard place to recruit to. If the NIL is in place, it shouldn’t be hard to recruit 1-3* players and good transfers to a big school with a big brand, awesome facilities and a pro coach. We need to stop allowing that narrative.
A basketball fan taking swipes at the FB program at UConn- who’d a thunk that could happen.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

Definitely worth celebrating. This program was in the absolute pits for a long time. Beating a Florida based D1 FBS program in that fashion is a big deal. Having other coaches talk about us like this is huge. Progress is being made. Of course, there is a lot of work to do this season and a long way to go to being even a good football program in the D1 landscape. But we have to embrace the good vibes and momentum around the program.

Reaction Score
And everything that we've seen tells us that we have the right leaders in place to get this thing where we want it to be. The future is bright for UConn...
two things, I think we have the right coaches in place in general... skill is another question but attitude is good. But more importantly, which wouldn't exist before, is our collective people seem to know what they're doing and frankly that's a level of the institutional support the university has been unable to provide over the last decade plus. I think Benedict is a lot of reasons why its going well but he only has/had so much control over the university.

The state and fan base are still lacking but if enough goes right then the fan base will fall in down the line and drag the state with them.

Reaction Score

As long as the fans step up and contribute to the NIL collectives, buy tickets and support the team then UConn will have a chance to compete. UConn fans need to pony up the $$$$$$ for UConn to succeed.

Reaction Score
I do not recall which Forum it is where I read that UConn is going to increase NIL even more next year.... Was that possibly the game announcer... I'm getting old with the memory. :)

Also, curiously why is all this talk about "football only" to PAC. I do not see why anyone would want our football at the moment. Maybe in a few years..... Isnt this why BIG 12 didn't take us??

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I do not recall which Forum it is where I read that UConn is going to increase NIL even more next year.... Was that possibly the game announcer... I'm getting old with the memory. :)

Also, curiously why is all this talk about "football only" to PAC. I do not see why anyone would want our football at the moment. Maybe in a few years..... Isnt this why BIG 12 didn't take us??
1. Our football is more valuable than most give it credit for

2. Gonzaga has already been offered a place in the PAC12 and they don't have a football team.

Pretty simple, really...

Reaction Score
It was David Benedict who said it.

The Huskies raised and spent about $100,000 last season through NIL efforts. This season, the number is up ten-fold, to somewhere between $1-1.25 million.

“We’re going to double it next year, at least,” he said. “We’re going to pour gas on it. We’re going to win in football. I’m tired of being disrespected as a brand, nationally, because of football. And I get it. But the difference as we sit here today is we have NIL and revenue sharing now."

Reaction Score
Has Gonzaga?? I've read two different stories.

I do not keep up to the minute but I saw first they switched but then their was no confirmation by conference

Reaction Score
It was David Benedict who said it.

The Huskies raised and spent about $100,000 last season through NIL efforts. This season, the number is up ten-fold, to somewhere between $1-1.25 million.

“We’re going to double it next year, at least,” he said. “We’re going to pour gas on it. We’re going to win in football. I’m tired of being disrespected as a brand, nationally, because of football. And I get it. But the difference as we sit here today is we have NIL and revenue sharing now."
Thank you !

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

The game announcer brought it up during the game which is what made everyone notice. Then folks pulled up AD David Benedict's quote.

Reaction Score
I remember Lembos name being in discussion for the UCONN job when it was open several years back. Would have been a home run hire. Just a very very good coach.
He has had an odd career. Was a head coach for 15 years and then left Ball St. (after going 8-16 his last 2 years) to become an assistant coach at Maryland and was an assistant for 8 years before getting hired at Buffalo. He is still only 54 years old.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom