Father of UConn’s Jim Mora isn’t giving coaching advice: ‘He’s a lot better coach than I was’ (Bonjour @ Hearst) | The Boneyard

Father of UConn’s Jim Mora isn’t giving coaching advice: ‘He’s a lot better coach than I was’ (Bonjour @ Hearst)

Reaction Score

-> Mora, not one to shy away from a challenge, is embracing all that entails.

“He’s that way. He’s definitely that way,” his father Jim E. Mora said. “And you’re not going to get a job where you don’t have to go uphill some. They don’t change coaches when you’re winning. Usually when you get a coaching job you go into a situation where they’ve been losing. He’s gone in and won where they’ve been losing a lot, for quite a while. <-

-> “I’m excited about it because I know he’s a very good coach,” Jim E. Mora said. “I knew that he wanted to get back into it, and he now has another opportunity to get back into it in a situation that has not been good recently. It’s going to take a lot of hard work on his part and his staff.” <-

-> “They need to get better,” Jim E. Mora said. “They need better players. You win with good players. They need more good players. If you don’t have good players, you don’t win. Simple as that. You need good players to compete every week against good teams.” <-

Reaction Score
Jim E Mora isn't one to shy away from saying what he believes. I love that Mora is supported by his father 100%. Would be pretty awesome to catch Jim E at some home games next year cheering on his son.

I can't wait to get season tickets again. I'm more pumped than I ever have been with the upcoming season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1
Top Bottom