Fatalism or Truth | The Boneyard

Fatalism or Truth

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Or both. I like the way this guy thinks.

"The laws of March Madness dictate anything can happen at any time. One bad day can boot a juggernaut and immortalize an underdog tale for the ages. Bubble teams will eagerly watch Monday's selection show in hopes of receiving an opportunity to defy the seemingly insurmountable giant.

These rules probably don't apply to a tournament starring UConn, but one can dream."

NCAA Women's Basketball Bracket 2017: Selection Show TV, Live Stream Schedule

After the South Carolina game pundits started using words like "lock" and "overwhelming favorites". I think that is overblown myself. If we get in a hole early and tighten up, heaven help us.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
His credibility as well as his Editors was lost when he inadvertently listed North Carolina vs. South Carolina.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
His credibility as well as his Editors was lost when he inadvertently listed North Carolina vs. South Carolina.

And crediting UConn with 34 wins.

3851620.jpg

UConn and ND will make it to the Final Four, IMHO, but there is enough parity this year to give SC and Baylor concerns. Probably about 10 teams with a legit shot at a Final Four berth.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And crediting UConn with 34 wins.

View attachment 20689

UConn and ND will make it to the Final Four, IMHO, but there is enough parity this year to give SC and Baylor concerns. Probably about 10 teams with a legit shot at a Final Four berth.
I actually am not ready to write anyone into the final four in ink. The #2 seeds this year are going to be stronger than usual and all of the #1 seeds are more vulnerable than in prior years.

Reaction Score
ND, Baylor, Maryland would be my top three to have a chance at beating UConn. Stanford, Washington, South Carolina have a chance but less of a chance. UConn is more likely to beat themselves. The two fouls Gabby picked up against USF didn't hurt; however, against a better opponent they will hurt. UConn has to stay healthy, be smart, play their usual stifling D, and all should go well. Like they say though, the games aren't played on paper.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
His dream is our nightmare, but,meh, to each his own.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
I actually am not ready to write anyone into the final four in ink. The #2 seeds this year are going to be stronger than usual and all of the #1 seeds are more vulnerable than in prior years.
I completely agree, and I think 2016 serves as a perfect illustration. The conventional wisdom last year was that the four #1 seeds were head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the field—remember, those four teams had lost a total of three games all season. So what happened? Two of them were bounced in the Sweet 16, and only one reached the Final Four. And the crop of likely #1 seeds this year certainly have looked more vulnerable over the course of the season than last year's group did. Which is to say, nobody's trip to Dallas this year is a sure thing.

Reaction Score
The "fact checker" of this article should lose his/her job. Amazing how many mistakes..I suppose we could right off the "34-0" vice 32-0 to include the two wins in the pre-season scrimmages, but no one else counts them, but putting North Carolina instead of South Carolina as a likely 1 seed, and I don't get the line about "The Lady Vols boast wins over Notre Dame, South Carolina and an SEC tournament upset over Stanford, giving them four victories over top-10 adversaries." When was Stanford in the SEC tournament????

Regardless of the errors...the real message is no matter how much UCONN may be "favored", nothing is guaranteed this time of year...March MADNESS is aptly named... cause anything can happen. Geno said as much during his post game remarks at AAC championship... 'have a bad game this time of year and you go home'... no tomorrow. Last year's final 4 teams showed that anything can happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom