Fat, dumb, soft and entitled is no way to go through college son... | The Boneyard

Fat, dumb, soft and entitled is no way to go through college son...

Reaction Score
Mike Leach calls Coug players fat, dumb, soft and entitled

>>Washington State coach Mike Leach didn't hold back in his remarks following the Cougars' 38-13 loss to Utah on Saturday. He called his team “soft” on six separate occasions during his five-minute presser, and labeled the Cougs as “fat, dumb, happy and entitled.”

We’re a very soft team, you know, we get a lot of good press, we like to read it a lot, we like to pat ourselves on the back,” Leach said. “And you know, if we get any resistance, we fold. And what’s amazing about this is most of these guys were on the same team last year, and that was a tough team for us. We got nearly the same guys and all of a sudden they’re not tough, you know, they’re fat, dumb, happy and entitled.”<<

>>“I don’t know if it’s that, I think it’s more individual than that,” Leach said. “I think we've got a bunch of free agents running around there that think they’re pretty special and then as soon as something doesn’t go their way, they want to pout.
“I don’t know if it’s that, I think it’s more individual than that,” Leach said. “I think we've got a bunch of free agents running around there that think they’re pretty special and then as soon as something doesn’t go their way, they want to pout.

“Instead what we did is pout, and so then when we pout they think, "oh look he’s pouting, somebody’s going to feel sorry for him,'" Leach continued. "No, they don’t think that. That’s not what they think. They think, oh you’re a really soft person.”<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Wow.

I haven’t bothered to look- but just wondering; Leach has had a good string of QBs through there. QBs can mask a lot of deficiencies.

Reaction Score
Thankfully we are skinny, smart and just generally RKGs. Did I mention we are not P5 and operate On a shoestring - meaning we are far from entitled?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I thought the Jalapeno mac n cheese kid was back and carrying some extra weight.

Reaction Score
Wow.

I haven’t bothered to look- but just wondering; Leach has had a good string of QBs through there. QBs can mask a lot of deficiencies.

Kid threw for 9 TDs last week against UCLA and they lost in regulation. He’s good they just played like crap against Utah

Reaction Score
Wazzou

Leach has changed the culture. However, WSU - (and it’s remote location) think Storrs & then drive lots more hours - is at a severe talent deprivation given natural resources & academics. Yet Leach makes it work. Almost all kids from major fields of recruitment harvest in the west would prefer 10 of the other schools. Campus? Night life? Academic? History? Colors? But Coog fans are great. Great spirit.

With Leach ... they have something special. Occasionally over the last 25 years, other HC have them playing to the level of San Jose State (Which means Fresno would kick butt). The transfers of today. Constant reliance on JUCO. And General P5 status & dollars help.

To win. To be top 25. They really need that toughness. Lots of under appreciated kids. And often from harder circumstances ... and broader stock search. I bet far into Texas. Leach has done a great job, while Cal & ASU & Colorado inexplicably struggled. When you see a poor performance ... he’s instantly got to step on throats.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
My man got a tad carried away, though I do like him

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I would love to have Leach up here. There was probably a time where it could have been a possibility after he got booted from Texas Tech.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Leach is a jerk. He’ll take timeouts with under a minute left to run up the score instead of taking a knee. I’ve seen it in person.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom