OT: Fast Food veggie burger, BK Impossible Whopper | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Fast Food veggie burger, BK Impossible Whopper

Reaction Score
So a little OT, and I think I’ve posted it before, but years ago some of my sons friends were over and I grilled up some burgers for them. I had forgotten that one of the boys moms was very vegetarian and that the kids were used to that.

Jimmy looks up at me and says hey “Mr. 82 which one of the burgers is the veggie burger?” I apologized and told him I forgotten that he was vegetarian and told him to give me a second and I’d grill something up for him. He was a good kid so he said “no that’s fine I’ll just have one of these.” I asked if he was sure and said it was no bother but he said yeah it’s fine.

Then he took his first bite. Look on his face was hysterical. It was like the hallelujah chorus should be playing in the background. He looks up at me and says “oh my god, this is amazing!!” and scorfed it down. I laughed and said “glad you liked it” and then really didn’t think much about it afterwards.

It was maybe a week or two later that I bumped into his mom at a game. She looks at me and says “hey CL! Thanks so much for giving my kid a burger! He completely won’t eat vegetarian anymore!“ Everyone looks back at me and I smiled and said an enthusiastic “you’re welcome Jill!“ as I kept walking to the other sideline to coach the game. The dad’s thought it was hysterical and truth be told I think even Jill thought it was kind of funny.

Reminds me of a time I was doing a pig roast. Had potatoes laying with the pig for hours and a friend and his wife come up from NYC and I toss a burger on the grill for him as they keep kosher. I pull the burger off and his wife goes, those are the best potatoes I've ever had how did you make those.

I just say - we just roast them a long time with a ton of butter - thinking the entire time of George Costanza in the "I was in the pool" episode where he had the woman eat lobster in the eggs.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Being promoted...

if one is dumb enough to willingly eat bugs one is not probably worth saving...

Reaction Score
You may be better off with real meat vs the salt burger,

It all depends on your body's relation to salt. There are a ton of people out there, especially women, who need a lot more salt in their diets.

Reaction Score
I think it's a pretty easy analysis: i) Impossible/Beyond are worth switching to for personal ethical or environmental beliefs. ii) they are a trap if you are looking at them for health reasons (highly processed, high calories, sodium, saturated fat, plus all the other stuff you eat with it (roll, cheese, fries)). But it's a personal decision.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It all depends on your body's relation to salt. There are a ton of people out there, especially women, who need a lot more salt in their diets.
This pretty much applies to everything we consume. Medical guidelines are arbitrarily established numbers that does not consider people who exist at the upper and lower ends of a distribution curve of individuals adaptation to substances.

Agree with you about refined sugars. That product has probably one of the smallest distribution curves of any food substance not known to be definitively toxic to the body. Sugar cane juice on the other hand has been shown to be beneficial. As an aside one of the biggest travesties in government subsidizations is the American sugar industry.

Although the following is not a scientific article on fruits it's pretty much my impression of the benefits of fruits. Disclaimer: There is no warning about oranges.

The Sweet Truth of Fruits.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom