OT: Fast Food veggie burger, BK Impossible Whopper | The Boneyard

OT: Fast Food veggie burger, BK Impossible Whopper

Reaction Score
Had the impossible whopper today. 1st time, and I don't think I'll ever eat their 'meat' burgers again, as long as this option is available. My wife had a 5 guys the night before and she claimed the IW tasted just as good and she couldn't tell the difference (meat vs veggie).

McD's is coming out with a veggie burger and I'm sure most burger chains will have one eventually. I don't eat fast food that often, in fact rarely, but the IW will increase my visits. I'm not certain of the exact health benefits, but it has to be more healthier than the regular Whopper (which I never really liked). By the way I'm nowhere near a vegetarian, but had a free coupon and tried it.

Any one else try any of the non meat burgers out there (e.g. Wendy's, Wayback)? I just peeked at the ingredients and they look hideous, but somehow when combined its near perfect. Click if you dare: Ingredients.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I tried it and didn't like it. The smell was overpoweringly bad.

Reaction Score
just look at the numbers - it’s terrible in many ways.

its certainly not healthy.
I was hoping to avoid the homework, but my wife is into that stuff.

Reaction Score
It’s almost identical to the regular Whopper in terms of health and nutrition.

While some people feel not eating meat is healthier, I think it is really dependent on your body. I feel great when I eat good quality meat like grass fed beef and organic chicken. I feel awful without meat in my diet, I’ve tried it. I suspect that meat is good for my body. I am sure others feel better without it.

Reaction Score
Its like vaping to cigarettes. You think its better for you and then you find yourself eating them constantly. I hadn't been eating fast food in the past year, but I've had about 10 impossible whoppers in the last two months.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Been vegan for 10 years, really stoked so many mainstream restaurants are introducing new and interesting veg options. Had the impossible whopper once so far and really enjoyed it.

Vegetarian for 2 (cheese is hard), ordered an impossible burger from Marketplace in Newtown a couple months ago and had to call them back out because I thought they messed it up. It was that good.

Beyond burgers are also very good but it’s clear you’re eating a vegan meal when you have it. Their “sausage” on the other hand I would bet I could serve to my meat eating friends and they’d have no clue.

They’re much higher in sodium than a beef burger but it’s not an outrageous amount to eat for a meal. There’s also no cholesterol. Otherwise they’re very similar nutrition-wise which makes them not so great since people think they can eat more.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Been vegan for 10 years, really stoked so many mainstream restaurants are introducing new and interesting veg options. Had the impossible whopper once so far and really enjoyed it.
This might be a good article for you. And yes Vegan is different than Vegetarian. So consider supplements if not heavy on brussel sprouts.

Danger of Vegetarian Diets

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Vegetarian for 2 (cheese is hard), ordered an impossible burger from Marketplace in Newtown a couple months ago and had to call them back out because I thought they messed it up. It was that good.

Beyond burgers are also very good but it’s clear you’re eating a vegan meal when you have it. Their “sausage” on the other hand I would bet I could serve to my meat eating friends and they’d have no clue.

They’re much higher in sodium than a beef burger but it’s not an outrageous amount to eat for a meal. There’s also no cholesterol. Otherwise they’re very similar nutrition-wise which makes them not so great since people think they can eat more.
Just was told the same thing about the Beyond sausage fifteen minutes before you posted this from a neighbor.

Reaction Score
Its like vaping to cigarettes. You think its better for you and then you find yourself eating them constantly. I hadn't been eating fast food in the past year, but I've had about 10 impossible whoppers in the last two months.
Pretty sure these plant based burgers are as bad for you as whoppers, vaping nicotine is like 95% or so safer than smoking cigs. Not the best analogy.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The Impossible Burger is actually more caloric and higher in Na than the meat Whopper. The purpose for eating it is to reduce the need for cattle and whatever problems they cause. Plus the humanity of the choice. Health wise not the best option but not really much worse than the alternative.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Just was told the same thing about the Beyond sausage fifteen minutes before you posted this from a neighbor.

It’s dangerous. I find myself making way more broccoli rabe and sausage now for meals and I know it’s not good but it’s just so good.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Pretty sure these plant based burgers are as bad for you as whoppers, vaping nicotine is like 95% or so safer than smoking cigs. Not the best analogy.
As you stated it's better if you have been a smoker and want to stop smoking cigarettes. Horribly addictive and highly desirable for kids. So they are creating a huge health problem. And anyone vaping a JUUL should do so with caution. Switch the other varieties until JUUL is completely vetted.

Reaction Score
1569709387118.gif

Reaction Score
What I don't understand is how plant based foods (i.e fake meat) can be so bad or worse than meat. Isn't it basically salad on a bun?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom