Fans Need To Take A Time Out..... | The Boneyard

Fans Need To Take A Time Out.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am simply going to point out a few things here several have missed and some I have no intel on...
For one all those that are coming to The Boneyard to claim they are no longer going to buy seasons tickets, they should direct their concern here. Dave Benedict athleticdirector@UConn.edu
This would actually accomplish something more than internet banter. Along with him there is the marketing group that should be concerned...;)

FAN RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT CENTER
Tyler Shaker Director of Sales and Service tyler.shaker@uconn.edu 860-486-5725
Christopher Mead Manager of Service and Retention christopher.mead@uconn.edu 860-486-6411
Matthew Schumacher Sales Consultant matthew.schumacher@uconn.edu 860-486-8186
Michel Gerber Sales Consultant michel.gerber@uconn.edu 860-486-8190
Kristina Tedford Service & Retention Consultant kristina.tedford@uconn.edu 860-486-8184
Nate Nieffer Service & Retention Consultant nate.nieffer@uconn.edu 860-486-8185
Tara Ricci Sales Consultant tara.ricci@uconn.edu 860-486-8189
dustin.boucher@uconn.edu 860-486-8187

The facts are abundant, we as a school, team, and fan base did not suffer just a losing season but rather a humiliating setback and possible end of the road for the program. Everyone gets the point of the five mill buyout and us being a state school with no money. Any legalese to be found ? Bizz Law? :D
Can Wacky Bob be sued for incompetence? His fires will have been his hires and already have been!!!

No idea of the verbiage in a head coaches contract but I realize they get many guarantees as assistants are mostly on one year contracts. Thus they are not actually fired but simply not retained. My point being BD while spewing bile of blame while accepting the same will not step aside.
He continually states he is going to turn the program around as it goes down hill at breakneck speed !!!

As frustrated as many here and trying to do something about it. I hope there is a legal mind out there that can help. :confused: :( :mad:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I have an idea that just may get us out of the contract. It is slightly convoluted so bear with me:

A couple months back the city of New Haven banned clowns from schools. If we can get the state legislature to expand this to all Connecticut schools, primary, secondary, undergraduate, graduate, etc., We have an out as I can easily come up with thousands who would willingly attest to the fact that Diaco is a clown.

Reaction Score
What was the buyout in the original contract on Jan.2 of 2017 versus the re-written contract of $3.4MM?

Reaction Score
What was the buyout in the original contract on Jan.2 of 2017 versus the re-written contract of $3.4MM?

Original contract: Termination without Cause

Between 1/1/16 - 12/31/16 -$1.4m
Between 1/1/17 - 12.31/17 - $800k

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My assigned buddy from Aspire left one VM and was probably wise to not try a second call.

Reaction Score

Well someone here drank the kool-aid if they increased the buyouts that much. Makes you wonder where else we're getting screwed in contract negotiations.

Reaction Score

Thanks Medic....
On 1/1/17, the difference between the original contract termination without cause amount of $800k and the re-written contract of $3.4MM is $2.6MM.

This is what Suzie should consider:
The University eats the first $800k and then utilizes her contacts to start a grass roots campaign to raise $2.6MM. Susan can do that....
2600 donors at $1000 each... break it down and it is not insurmountable. 1300 donors at $2k apiece, 867 donors at $3k apiece.or 520 donors at $5k apiece
with access to the sky box for 3 years. Where does everyone fit in???? what would you do??? would you put up or shut up??-

Yes, mistakes are made.... easy to point the fingers but what is the solution other than letting this SHEET show continue.... remember this one... "Let's Rise Up-Together"

If Burton and the big boys took the lead on the project for half of the aforementioned $2.6MM and the remainder of $1.3mm was left to "smaller donors and alumni" , for the sake of the program and
getting rid of the SHEET show currently at the Rent, where would you or could you fit in?

Reaction Score
Thanks Medic....
On 1/1/17, the difference between the original contract termination without cause amount of $800k and the re-written contract of $3.4MM is $2.6MM.

This is what Suzie should consider:
The University eats the first $800k and then utilizes her contacts to start a grass roots campaign to raise $2.6MM. Susan can do that....
2600 donors at $1000 each... break it down and it is not insurmountable. 1300 donors at $2k apiece, 867 donors at $3k apiece.or 520 donors at $5k apiece
with access to the sky box for 3 years. Where does everyone fit in???? what would you do??? would you put up or shut up??-

Yes, mistakes are made.... easy to point the fingers but what is the solution other than letting this SHEET show continue.... remember this one... "Let's Rise Up-Together"

If Burton and the big boys took the lead on the project for half of the aforementioned $2.6MM and the remainder of $1.3mm was left to "smaller donors and alumni" , for the sake of the program and
getting rid of the SHEET show currently at the Rent, where would you or could you fit in?

I'll donate $1.

I still liked my idea better

People paid a company more than $80,000 to dig a hole for no reason

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Fans need to take a time out?

I don't think that will be an issue. As a matter of opinion, I thinkbit will be very clear come September 2017 that most fans have done that exactly.

Reaction Score
Jmick,
Understand your hostility and the most you could donate is $1.
If push came to shove, you referred to throwing your $1 into a blackhole, if I understood you correctly.
Wouldn't you want to assist your school in getting out of a "hole".??

Anger aside, many individuals here could not donate even $1, so your thoughts of a $1 would probably be understood by some.....
I would think seeing the program move past Diaco into a positive environment, even though the hire and contract revision was a mistake, and the want to see good football
again would merit some consideration. By the way, if you donate a $1 to the University, it really only cost you 67 cents after the tax implication of the
charitable contribution.

Reaction Score
I have an idea that just may get us out of the contract. It is slightly convoluted so bear with me:

A couple months back the city of New Haven banned clowns from schools. If we can get the state legislature to expand this to all Connecticut schools, primary, secondary, undergraduate, graduate, etc., We have an out as I can easily come up with thousands who would willingly attest to the fact that Diaco is a clown.

Convoluted or not this is the kind of power of positivity we need! ANY & ALL means necessary, on to our legislators! Convoluted, hell no, any laws against ENERGY VAMPIRES ??? He claimed there is such a thing and went on to demonstrate how to suck the life out of a program.

Fans need to take a time out?
I don't think that will be an issue. As a matter of opinion, I thinkbit will be very clear come September 2017 that most fans have done that exactly.

Agree big time with your point. It was also a bad choice of words for the header on my part. Simply want to see all the energy expanded here used to hammer the powers that be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom