Fan Appreciation Day... | The Boneyard

Fan Appreciation Day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just hit "in-box" - don't fluck the mailman.

Rutgers%20Fan%20Appreciation%20Offer.jpg

Attachments

• Rutgers Fan Appreciation Offer.jpg
    Rutgers Fan Appreciation Offer.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Reaction Score
hahahaha I just saw that too and was going to post this. What a joke if thats truly all they are doing for 'Fan Appreciation Day'. How about a free beer before kickoff? Maybe that would be enough encouragement to get some fans in timely.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
hmmm... i have the mini-plan this year and tickets for Rutgers game, so I didn't get the $2 off coupon (for donors/season ticket holders). But I just got the "fan appreciation" email of 4tickets + 4 hot dogs + 4 (small) drinks = $80.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whatever you do don't appreciate the season ticket holders who sat through the entire debacle of a season.

It's super smart to undercut what they pay, that will encourage season ticket sales.

Can't see past the next gate receipt.

Reaction Score
What do you all want the school to do? Free iPads for all fans? Please.

I'm sure this is not all they are doing...

Reaction Score
Just hit "in-box" - don't fluck the mailman.

Rutgers%20Fan%20Appreciation%20Offer.jpg

Oh great, yet another email from the ticket office that I didn't get even though we're in our 3rd 3-year cycle of football season tickets.

Reaction Score
Oh great, yet another email from the ticket office that I didn't get even though we're in our 3rd 3-year cycle of football season tickets.

Call them to update your email address.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn07 said:
What do you all want the school to do? Free iPads for all fans? Please.

I'm sure this is not all they are doing...

I would like them to think long term for the first time in the athletic department's history.

I'd like them to stop charging their most loyal fans full freight to only later dump tickets to single game buyers at lower prices.

Hey loyal season ticket holder.. Pay $27 for Southern Connecticut. Just ignore when we sell these tickets for $5 on a single game basis.

Hey season ticket holder thanks for paying full price... Take $2 off hot dogs at 11:30 in the morning - ignore that we favor single game buyers since we give them the stupid hot dog
and reduced admission.

That hot dog coupon is so stupid it's hard to believe people are getting paid to dream up
and execute nonsense like that.

Reaction Score
I would like them to think long term for the first time in the athletic department's history.

I'd like them to stop charging their most loyal fans full freight to only later dump tickets to single game buyers at lower prices.

Hey loyal season ticket holder.. Pay $27 for Southern Connecticut. Just ignore when we sell these tickets for $5 on a single game basis.

Hey season ticket holder thanks for paying full price... Take $2 off hot dogs at 11:30 in the morning - ignore that we favor single game buyers since we give them the stupid hot dog
and reduced admission.

That hot dog coupon is so stupid it's hard to believe people are getting paid to dream up

Righter than Rain. Nailed it.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Maybe for "Fan Appreciation Day" the school will actually "appreciate" us fans and tell us who the new head coach will be for 2014?? lol... In all seriousness though, a few thousand navy blue t-shirts with the new Husky logo on them and "Football Season Ticket Holder" would have been nice for us Season ticket holders's. Just saying.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'll give them the tiniest of credit for at least recognizing that they should be doing things like this. But holy cow is this off the mark, to the point of being insulting. So if I get in before kickoff, I can pay $18 instead of $20 for 2 dogs and 2 drinks??! Tell me why any sane person wouldn't just stay at their car and do the same for less?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

and reduced admission.

Absolutely right.

UConn had better get its head out of its rectum soon. We are seeing a boatload of empty seats even for undefeated basketball teams. The tickets are way too expensive for all major sporting events. And this is happening at a time where we are desperate to GROW the fanbase in light of the current conference and competition changes. If Herbst and Manuel have any sense whatsoever, they will lower the entrance fee to these events to keep growing the base. You bring in less money now to gain a $#itload of money later from all of the fans...

Reaction Score
Well, I guess they appreciate us up to $2.00 with a purchase of over priced food. What can you say. Pennywise pound foolish is their MO.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My guess is they are doing this to try to gin up more season and mini ticket buyers, but this is the wrong way to go about it.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Well, I guess they appreciate us up to $2.00 with a purchase of over priced food. What can you say. Pennywise pound foolish is their MO.

The worst part of it all is that I have a very difficult time convincing "non-fans" to accompany me to football or basketball games, mostly due to the price. Because they didn't go to school here, or maybe they aren't originally from CT, they don't love UConn.....yet! Make the prices affordable, get more casual butts in the seats, and watch the stadiums pack up and the vendors sell out of t-shirts and hats. Very very easy concept to handle. Hopefully, our leadership reads fan sites such as this one (I'm sure they do) and take the appropriate action for long-term sustainability...

Reaction Score
Huh...
Interesting reactions.

And all I thought was, "Cool, two bucks off." It's something I'd buy anyways so it works for me.

Reaction Score
not saying this is the case here. But a lot of times with stadiums, amusement park, etc... the food companies lock in the amount of cases of food to be purchased from the distributors at a lower price with the guarantee of taking all cases booked. Given the down attendance and the fact that everyone leaves early, they may have to dump product or risk being stuck with it.

Reaction Score
The worst part of it all is that I have a very difficult time convincing "non-fans" to accompany me to football or basketball games, mostly due to the price. Because they didn't go to school here, or maybe they aren't originally from CT, they don't love UConn.....yet! Make the prices affordable, get more casual butts in the seats, and watch the stadiums pack up and the vendors sell out of t-shirts and hats. Very very easy concept to handle. Hopefully, our leadership reads fan sites such as this one (I'm sure they do) and take the appropriate action for long-term sustainability...
I don't want to condemn them. I just wish they saw the big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom