Family affair for UConn recruiting targets Langford, Diarra | The Boneyard

Family affair for UConn recruiting targets Langford, Diarra

Reaction Score
Didn't see this posted. From That Guy.

“One thing I told Coach Hurley personally that I like about him is he’s kind of like my AAU coach (Vin Pastore of Mass Rivals),” Langford said. “Vin is a straightforward coach. He is going to tell you when you suck, and you need to work on this. That’s kind of how Coach Hurley came off when he came and talked to me. He said ‘You need to work on your offensive game and your jump shot.’

Reaction Score
Both sound like great kids and if Langford is strong and athletic as they say why wouldn't he be as good a candidate for small forward as Jackson (who people seem to feel can't shoot much either)?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
“Makai was at Brewster, averaged the most points in games, went to Providence and wasn’t really playing,” Demarr said. “That showed me there are people who are really good. To be on that level, I’ve got to be on the grind.”Makai’s big-brother advice? “Keep working, keep grinding,”

OMG, Chief is MAL!!!

(Also love that DH shows a YouTube video of the 2011 11 game run as a recruiting tool.)

C

Chief00

Lots of grind in that article
Chief gets around. LOL
Today visited PC, Chief was fortunate to get a private tour of their beautiful new facility. Have to be honest, it’s right up there with the best, especially with the latest technology.

Reaction Score
Chief gets around. LOL
Today visited PC, Chief was fortunate to get a private tour of their beautiful new facility. Have to be honest, it’s right up there with the best, especially with the latest technology.
Cooley to Michigan?

C

Chief00

He was going to the dorms of the seniors to visit with them and their parents today. I have had a couple NBA scouts tell me the practice facility is one of the best in the country. Who knows what money could get offered but he is a Providence guy unless an outrageous offer, I think.

Reaction Score
I might be in the minority but if a scholarship opens up I would really like to get Langford for 2019. He and Ntambwe would be my top choices. Build this thing for the future.

C

Chief00

Don't quite understand why their facility has more bells and whistles than ours does.
It’s an arms race and that’s one reason we had to update ours despite ours being only a few years old. They toured Nike and got ideas from that. They actually made stuff for 7 foot guys, so as much as we joke about Cliff and the urinal other schools are factoring that in.

C

Chief00

CBB7362B-AEFE-40D2-BEE6-561466C97AF9.jpeg

C

Chief00

One other comment is the coaches offices are positioned so the players and coaches will naturally interact, that was one of the criticisms of our facility and was one of the explanations that KO got disconnected from some of his players. They have very sophisticated chambers for cooling after events to reduce inflammation, a 7 foot salt water hot tub and a sophisticated body fat measuring machine.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
They may have better up to the second amenities in their BB facility, but then you have to consider the joys of spending four years in Providence. There are reasons the Ferelly brothers make fun of where they're from.

Reaction Score
One other comment is the coaches offices are positioned so the players and coaches will naturally interact, that was one of the criticisms of our facility and was one of the explanations that KO got disconnected from some of his players. They have very sophisticated chambers for cooling after events to reduce inflammation, a 7 foot salt water hot tub and a sophisticated body fat measuring machine.
Our facility probably has everything you need but don't think they did all that good a job with the bells and whistles, it looks a little too utilitarian/boring. Should put some fun stuff like a barber shop in there.

Reaction Score
They may have better up to the second amenities in their BB facility, but then you have to consider the joys of spending four years in Providence. There are reasons the Ferelly brothers make fun of where they're from.

It's one thing to make this comment from Chapel Hill or Westwood . . .

Reaction Score
Chief gets around. LOL
Did you fist pump at the club after?

Reaction Score
Nice facility. I can't speak to whether it's on par, subpar, better, than any other facility.

But, "Nobody Ever Drowned in Sweat?" Is that an inside thing, or did someone think that was super motivational. That's a really weak line in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Is it fair to say (getting back to the OP and not the facilities sorry) these guys are nice players and are being recruited but there are players in their positions who Hurley wants more?

Reaction Score
Providence > Hartford

C

Chief00

Our facility probably has everything you need but don't think they did all that good a job with the bells and whistles, it looks a little too utilitarian/boring. Should put some fun stuff like a barber shop in there.
El Amin would have liked that.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The place is definitely interesting You can read about it here: Ruane Friar Development Center

It is a 56,000 multi-purpose building. About 15,481 is dedicated to MBB. There's some cool stuff like nap pods and sensory dep tanks oh and a "CryoTherapy Chamber – Standing chamber uses liquid nitrogen to bring temperature to -130 degrees as you rotate in the chamber for three minutes."

By way of Comparison Werth is about 50% larger and is dedicated to just MBB and WBB.

C

Chief00

How did their banners look hanging around their practice floor?
And MBB Championship trophies ! I made that point.
Chief posted this to make people understand the recent update at UConn was necessary with still more needed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom