Fall Practice Areas For Improvement Before Holy Cross | The Boneyard

Fall Practice Areas For Improvement Before Holy Cross

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Coaches back at work today, players start on Thursday.

New staff, new attitude. What am I looking for over the next five weeks?

1. Transition from off-season "OT: " threads to threads about football. The always anticipated updated ht/wt and who's still here chart, parsing press conferences for information that isn't there, fresh tailgate food ideas, beer to drink.

2. Overcoming streaming service delays. Trying to use the online chats or in game threads is tough since streaming services are 30-45 seconds behind live broadcasts. Case in point. A week ago when Jackie Bradley Junior made the over the fence catch on Judge, my neighbor sent me a text "Did you see that?". It was two full pitches before the play. Frustrating with football where you are trying to chat with fans and you're two plays behind.

3. Being better at watching the game within the game. So easy to actually watch the game. But what about the chick with the big jugs bouncing up and down in the stands? What about the dude wearing 1970's Magnum PI shorts? Is that 400 lbs guy wearing a cutoff?

Lots of work for me to do before HC.

I'll leave with this. First new recipe I will try this year. Cornbread Jalepeno poppers.

Jalapeño Cornbread Poppers

• 12 jalapeños
  • 6 slices bacon
  • 1 box JIFFY corn muffin mix
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 c. sour cream
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 c. creamed corn, drained (optional)
  • 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar
  • 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives, plus more for garnish
gallery-1500571523-delish-jalapeno-cornbread-poppers-pin2.jpg

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Coaches back at work today, players start on Thursday.

New staff, new attitude. What am I looking for over the next five weeks?

1. Transition from off-season "OT: " threads to threads about football. The always anticipated updated ht/wt and who's still here chart, parsing press conferences for information that isn't there, fresh tailgate food ideas, beer to drink.

2. Overcoming streaming service delays. Trying to use the online chats or in game threads is tough since streaming services are 30-45 seconds behind live broadcasts. Case in point. A week ago when Jackie Bradley Junior made the over the fence catch on Judge, my neighbor sent me a text "Did you see that?". It was two full pitches before the play. Frustrating with football where you are trying to chat with fans and you're two plays behind.

3. Being better at watching the game within the game. So easy to actually watch the game. But what about the chick with the big jugs bouncing up and down in the stands? What about the dude wearing 1970's Magnum PI shorts? Is that 400 lbs guy wearing a cutoff?

Lots of work for me to do before HC.

I'll leave with this. First new recipe I will try this year. Cornbread Jalepeno poppers.

Jalapeño Cornbread Poppers

• 12 jalapeños
  • 6 slices bacon
  • 1 box JIFFY corn muffin mix
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 c. sour cream
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 c. creamed corn, drained (optional)
  • 1/2 c. shredded Cheddar
  • 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives, plus more for garnish
gallery-1500571523-delish-jalapeno-cornbread-poppers-pin2.jpg
Any word on open practice dates?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Any word on open practice dates?

Actual football news in July?

I am so not prepared for that. I ease in to two a days getting my football knowledge ready for the first game.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Spot on wrt to trying to chat when your stream is two plays behind everybody elses'.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Rumor is there's some of that at Nebraska during defensive drills.

no film of it tho, dont wanna tip the hand...

Reaction Score
imho we are in need of someone stepping up at LB and safety who can make plays. On the offensive side we need a RB to compliment Newsome and WR to step up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom