Fall men’s soccer schedule | The Boneyard

Fall men’s soccer schedule

Reaction Score
Anyone seen a schedule, or at least who they play home/away? Coach Reid’s leave of absence over?

Reaction Score
Anyone seen a schedule, or at least who they play home/away? Coach Reid’s leave of absence over?

Nope. I think they are the only fall team sport at UConn that has not announced their schedule. Both UConn ice hockey teams have announced their schedules as well. Men's soccer usually starts playing by the end of August, so no schedule announced yet is certainly a shock.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It is weird. I took a look at the calendar on Big East website and the first thing I can find is Sept. 18 at Butler. Big East home games are Oct. 2,6,13,16 and 30. It's almost like the field isn't ready, which it obviously is.

Reaction Score
August 5th and still no schedule.

Reid can't even get a schedule out on time. I mean between the losing and his unexplained absence and now this? What's going on?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Is Reid the coach again or is he still on leave? It's been awfully silent in Storrs. I haven't read a thing (in the Courant) about the program.

Reaction Score
Is Reid the coach again or is he still on leave? It's been awfully silent in Storrs. I haven't read a thing (in the Courant) about the program.
He is still the coach. Team was 1-6-1 in the spring and scored like 1 goal in big east play.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What a crappy non conference schedule. Hideous at best. This program has to get back to where it used to and needs to be what a joke

Reaction Score
The other thing is that in addition to the schedule being released very late, there was barely any news at all about the team released over the summer. There were several tweets about incoming players, but overall it was pretty quiet on the UConn men's soccer twitter feed.

Reaction Score
Lol, Someone reads The Boneyard.

It almost seems that UConn men's soccer became something of an after thought this summer. No schedule released until a few weeks before the season starts when normally it would probably be released in June. Also, while they tweeted out the newcomers to the team, there is no release story of any kind on the athletics website about the incoming players to be found. That never used to happen.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It almost seems that UConn men's soccer became something of an after thought this summer. No schedule released until a few weeks before the season starts when normally it would probably be released in June. Also, while they tweeted out the newcomers to the team, there is no release story of any kind on the athletics website about the incoming players to be found. That never used to happen.
Yeah, somethings up, no idea what. Have you heard anything about Reid?

Reaction Score
On a side note what about media broadcasts for men's and women's soccer? Coming up dry on the BE website, flosports and all access. Can we possibly do a worse job marketing our soccer programs? It's a disservice to the fans, players and coaches.

Reaction Score

It's considered a plus for the home team when they get a big crowd for a game to send everyone home with a win. Well, UConn beat Bryant last night 3-0 in front of that sell out crowd. I followed the game through the FloSports video feed.

My only real disappointment was that WHUS did not carry the game with John Tuite doing the call. You never know what is going to happen in these pandemic days, but at this point I do miss my fall ritual of listening to UConn soccer on the radio. Hopefully that will change when the students are back for classes, but at this point I'm not sure what to expect with that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Results and the rest of the men's September schedule
1631816754006.png

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
Using the same logic we've applied to the Holy Cross FB coach, does UConn's 4-0 win over Yale mean Yale Coach Kylie Stannard is off the list of potential new coaches? I believe I saw someone mention him at some point.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So, we have some games in the books and this squad seems to be improved. Not sure how good they are, but they are winning some. Anybody have a chance to actually see them play?

Fairfield_1st

Reaction Score
I haven't seen them play, but all the victories come against teams with .500 or less records. I'm not sure we can read much into it yet. These first few Big East games should give us a better idea. The DePaul loss was on the road. The next 4 are at home.

Reaction Score
I haven't seen them play, but all the victories come against teams with .500 or less records. I'm not sure we can read much into it yet. These first few Big East games should give us a better idea. The DePaul loss was on the road. The next 4 are at home.

So far this season UConn has lost to Big East Conference opponents Butler and DePaul, both on the road. In the Big East preseason poll, Butler was voted to finish 7th and DePaul was voted to finish 10th. For comparison sake, UConn was tied for 8th in the preseason poll. Neither Butler or DePaul are considered the cream of the crop when it comes to men's soccer in the Big East, and I don't believe either are getting any votes in the national polls. Even if these games were on the road, these results do not seem to bode well for UConn men's soccer making some noise in the conference this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom