OT: - Fairfield restaurant recommendation | The Boneyard

OT: Fairfield restaurant recommendation

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bodega Taco Bar is my favorite; it’s lively but small. Great food and great tequila.

Also had a great meal at The Chelsea a few months ago before a show at FTC. That was also lively and small.

Reaction Score
Little Pub is good but it's still bar food. I am typing this from Little Pub. I really like Cafe Madeline.

It has a solid variety. It’s not fine dining or Italian food but the menu is good. That place is always packed.

Reaction Score
Appreciate the recommendations. So far looks like Duchess has the best combination of food and atmosphere. Plus my wife really wants a fountain soda. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Dutchess... top tier fast food right there.

Reaction Score
Artisan in Southport @ the Delmar Hotel if you're looking for 5*

Reaction Score
Bar food really good at Vinny's. Fun atmosphere and lots of TV's with sports. $5 bar pies on Mondays and they are good. Happy hour until 7.

I basically agree with all of the above.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Appreciate the recommendations. So far looks like Duchess has the best combination of food and atmosphere. Plus my wife really wants a fountain soda. I'll let you all know how it goes.

They have the good soda machine. All the combos.

I always recommend the Big ‘D’ Chicken Parm Sandwich.

Reaction Score
It has a solid variety. It’s not fine dining or Italian food but the menu is good. That place is always packed.

I am a big fan. I'd say 3/4 times I go out for dinner I go to Little Pub, albeit the Ridgefield location. Partially this is because they usually have good beer. Had the Hooker No Filter IPA thanks to the beer thread. They do everything well and I know someone who works there that attests to them actually using good ingredients, which you can't say about most pub style points. It was a good recommendation for sure. There are a ton of restaurants in Fairfield and many are good but not many are great. Now that I think about it, my favorite is Bonda.

Reaction Score
Little pub (bar food), colony grill (pizza and beers), Mecca noodle bar (great pho), shiki Hana (Japanese, sushi) , Centro (Italian), the artisan in Southport. The artisan has the best food and the best atmosphere but it’s also expensive.

Reaction Score
Ralph & Rich's , Bridgeport CT

Had dinner here Saturday. Very good cavatelli and broccoli. Now this is another place that makes money hand over fist. I think A Vuchella across from the Bijou is better, especially pasta, but R and R's is worth going to. This thread hits my sweet spot as a food snob born and raised on the Fairfield/BPT line.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Had dinner here Saturday. Very good cavatelli and broccoli. Now this is another place that makes money hand over fist. I think A Vuchella across from the Bijou is better, especially pasta, but R and R's is worth going to. This thread hits my sweet spot as a food snob born and raised on the Fairfield/BPT line.

Bring back the Apizza Center.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

If he could just go back a little bit in time he could have impressed her with the Black Rock Castle.

Reaction Score
If he could just go back a little bit in time he could have impressed her with the Black Rock Castle.

Funny that you bring this up. I presume the restaurant was a hole. Their chicken pot pie was my father's absolute favorite meal when I was growing up. I am only 10 years younger than you but that 10 years looks like a millennium on Black Rock I assume. I don't imagine it was infested with hipsters 20 years ago.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Funny that you bring this up. I presume the restaurant was a hole. Their chicken pot pie was my father's absolute favorite meal when I was growing up. I am only 10 years younger than you but that 10 years looks like a millennium on Black Rock I assume. I don't imagine it was infested with hipsters 20 years ago.

My friends lived in Black Rock until about 2005 or so.

That was about when the hipsters started showing up I presume.

The castle was a decent bar to hang out in - but it didn’t exactly scream - eat here!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If you want gourmet mac and cheese for $20, go to Chile Bomb. It's really a take out place. Been there a couple times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom