fair or foul: uconn fans heckling texas player s | The Boneyard

fair or foul: uconn fans heckling texas player s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow not expecting that! Not sure what to say, pretty funny yet not too classy huh? A little more creativity may have worked

Reaction Score
Guess they forgot our 5 star guard was out too.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I would hope the students could be a little classier than this, but I am not surprised or offended. Sometimes I think about some of the stuff I yelled as a student and cringe. I would also say I heard a couple of adult men yelling things that were not far from this yesterday, and would imagine the same thing happens at Texas games.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It's college students, this is part of college sports, and it happens at every major sports school for every big game. It is what it is.

QFT

I'm guessing those fans that are complaining don't get out much, and it's apparent from a few of their gripes they know less about CBB. I might suggest to such "classy" people that they win with grace and move on.

Reaction Score
I guess this explains why some Texas players almost immediately started taunting the UConn student section after the game as Boatright was injured on the ground and didn't shake hands with UConn players.

Reaction Score
Childish and stupid yes, unprecedented, no. I have seen a lot worse when UConn has played at Pittsburgh basketball games and at West Virginia football games. better yet, watch any Philadelphia Eagles home game or any USA versus X in World Cup Qualifying in Latin America.

Reaction Score
Put 100 college kids together and you have a 95% chance they will act like morons. This is one of those times.
Good point, if you were to add some beer, you'd be hitting 'guaranteed' country.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Put 100 college kids together and you have a 95% chance they will act like morons. This is one of those times.
Put any 100 people together and you have a great chance they will act like morons. Just look at this forum for instance.:cool: Naturally you and I and the rest of the dudes/dudedettes in this thread are in the 5% of the category. That is until there are 100 different posters in this thread. Then we'll have to begin to point fingers.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Won't open for me...what happened?

Reaction Score
Won't open for me...what happened?
Just a bunch of UConn students waiting to get into Gampel chanting "duck* YOU TEXAS" as the Texas players are walking into Gampel from their bus.

Really, I don't think this is any different at other colleges or universities. Show me a pregame video of Texas students waiting outside as UConn players walk by them as they head into their arena next year, and it would probably be pretty similar to this.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not unexpected or shocking from college kids.

Now that I am older I realize that there is no upside to this because you either look like idiots when you lose (after possibly firing these kids up even more to buckle down and beat us); or you cheapen your own victory by looking classless if you win.

But again, college kids--especially sports fans-- have seldom been known to be long on wisdom.

Reaction Score
I'd feel it would clearly cross the line if the chant singled players out. " Turner" or something.

"F-U Texas" is crass and not very creative, but if you're deeply offended, you could use some pearls to clutch.

That said, if this becomes a bigger deal than one Instagram page and the student section gets reprimanded, they should be creative and show up at the next game early and chant "Welcome, Yale" or "Welcome To Our Home" or something. Put it on YouTube and call it a day. And then Instead of "bullish-t" after a bad call, chant "we humbly disagree"

pj

Reaction Score
Foul. Culture is really going downhill. Keep the to the bedroom.

Reaction Score
Not a good look for UConn or its fans. UConn is part of the elite group of basketball schools. Act like you have been there instead chanting curses.

Student section also started the same chant during the game. Despicable.

Also was irate a few years ago when they rushed the court after beating texas. UConn doesn't rush courts they collect championships.

I noticed a lot of season ticket holders who sold their tickets to Texas fans. I might say something to the season ticket holders next game that sold their 4 seats next to me.

Reaction Score
Really that offends everyone? Those are just words do you see what's going on in the world these days?

Reaction Score
Since when does the opposing bus drop off players right there and they walk in to the front of the stadium past all the students? I literally never saw that as a student, and I would remember if it happened too, because something to that effect would have happened. Then again, I was never at that entrance.

I don't really get why they needed to say "duck you" though. Sounded way too angry, and we should be happy Texas is in town. It just took a few drunk idiots to start and then classic college kids, the other drunk college kids join in because of their affinity for following the crowd and acting belligerent.

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Not a big of a deal.. Yea not classy but its college kids.. If I was a Texas player it would not offend me, it would only motivate me to beat Uconn, and it would make me thankful to be a gifted athlete who gets to be on the court and not one of the kids in the student section...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom