OT: Fair or Foul - Standing up at a game? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Fair or Foul - Standing up at a game?

Reaction Score
Ingredients:
"you can't stand for the entire game. "
"I like to stand as much as possible "
"Why pay big bucks for good seats and stand?
"when it's appropriate to stand and everyone should stand."
"sit tf down "
"If you're pretty much the only person standing, you're being a jerk "
"If there is someone else standing in front of you, fine. If not, then sit. "
" If someone in front of you is standing, then stand
" i once put my hand on a man shoulder and moved him into the sitting position. "

Take ingredients, mix well with cramped seating, and just add beer.

Reaction Score
It’s OK to stand when the wave comes through your section. Haven’t seen one of those in a while, but I don’t get to many games. They seemed pretty common back in the 90’s.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It’s OK to stand when the wave comes through your section. Haven’t seen one of those in a while, but I don’t get to many games. They seemed pretty common back in the 90’s.
Did one forwards, backwards, and in slow motion at the Globetrotters show on Saturday.

Reaction Score
This thread is pretty much like playing blackjack when the person next to you gets mad because you hit and he thinks you shouldn’t have. It’s my money and I’ll do what I want with it.

Reaction Score
The 270 pound, 20 something, guy in front of me insists on standing the whole damn game....I sometimes forget and leave my drink on the seat where he sits...

Hey....I traded seats for cash added with a buddy and sat in front of the behometh with my 15 gallon Hop A Long Cassidy hat...

Reaction Score
Damn all you old geezers complaining about standing at the game. Too bad I graduated and can’t yell and stand all game.

Reaction Score
If you can't stand for the first score and for a few big possessions, get a handicapped seat or move.

Only an idiot stands up the whole game outside of the student section.

The etiquette of sporting events isn't hard to get unless you're an idiot. We may have more idiots than I thought

Reaction Score
You know the other thing that gets me when I go to games? It’s when people yell, talk, clap and stomp on the floor. Like people come on I’m trying concentrate and focus on the game I don’t need distractions!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You stand within the contextual confines of the game.

The people who deserve a Fishy-punch are those (especially at the XL Center) who do not stand to let you through the row.

The orca fat guy who makes his "friends" hop over him, and then have the nerve to ask one of them to get him a beer deserves two.

Just as annoying, at any event, are the people who go get beer or food constantly. I’m not sure why some of those people bothered to buy tickets? For the privilege of buying $14 beers?

Standing is what it is. Look behind you now and then to see if others are standing. Same at concerts. Student section expect to stand all game. Certain concerts you will stand the whole time.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I think there are times during a game when it's appropriate to stand and everyone should stand. For example, down the stretch of a close game on an important possession. I mean this is a sporting event, not opera. But I don't think you should stand a good portion of the game if you're impeding someone else seeing the game.

A couple years ago my son and I were at a Celtics playoff game that was highly contested and the score was close down the stretch. Everyone was standing the last couple minutes. A couple behind me (not elderly) told me and my son to sit down. My instincts were to sit down but then I looked around and everyone was standing. I politely asked the couple why they only wanted us to sit down because if I sat down then I couldn't see the game because everyone in front of me was standing. They agreed and then stood.

I will stand when someone stands in front of me typically. I am 6'4" and don't want to block anybody's view. But if I can't see because people are standing in front of me, I am standing.

Reaction Score
I'm usually pretty courteous.
But I tend to stand alot.
If it's during a run or we need a big stop no one should complain.
If you sit and you don't like fans standing during big spots go to the Bushnell.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
A few years ago during a football in sub freezing temps I was walking to my seat with arms full of concessions and I got berated by a guy for not taking my winter hat off during the national anthem.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The crowd did plenty of standing on Sunday, mostly spontaneously after a big hoop exhorting on the D.

Husky25

Reaction Score
A few years ago during a football in sub freezing temps I was walking to my seat with arms full of concessions and I got berated by a guy for not taking my winter hat off during the national anthem.

Sorry. I had a few in the parking lot. :oops:

Joking aside (Really, it wasn't me), who's more "disrespectful?" The guy protecting himself from sickness or that other guy?

Note: Edited to keep this from the Cesspool.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't we be discussing important matters like no replay? It was driving me nuts with all those stops and reviews. Especially on that elbowing foul on Memphis that was away from the ball. I never saw it in real time.

often the in person attendees are the only ones across the country who don't see the replays - easy fix to improve the in game experience

Husky25

Reaction Score
often the in person attendees are the only ones across the country who don't see the replays - easy fix to improve the in game experience
I believe it is the case in general, but especially in this conference and for this year, it's for the officials' safety.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I believe it is the case in general, but especially in this conference and for this year, it's for the officials' safety.
I essentially understand. But I'm sure they show replays in the pro games and I've never heard of a ref having issues at the arena. I think whatever the rationale is, they're making it bigger than it really is and ruining the fan experience. I wonder who the decision maker is? I'd feel better if I could gripe to someone of authority.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I essentially understand. But I'm sure they show replays in the pro games and I've never heard of a ref having issues at the arena. I think whatever the rationale is, they're making it bigger than it really is and ruining the fan experience. I wonder who the decision maker is? I'd feel better if I could gripe to someone of authority.

Not sure whether Mike Aresco (Not Mad) is losing sleep over the fan experience at UConn.

Reaction Score
I can clap yell and scream just as well sitting as standing.
Why pay big bucks for good seats and stand?
No problem standing at the appropriate times during the game.
Do you stand when watching on TV at home?

Yes I do - in tense moments - and the last few minutes of most games. I stand in front of the TV and pace around :)

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Not sure whether Mike Aresco (Not Mad) is losing sleep over the fan experience at UConn.
So does that mean you think it's decided at the AAC level as opposed to UConn's choice?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom